Thursday, July 3

Early Review: Stone Cold Touch (Dark Elements #2)

Stone Cold Touch (Dark Elements #2)
Jennifer L Armentrout

Published By: Harlequin TEEN
Publication Date: October 28, 2014
Date Read: June 20, 2014
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: ARC  from BEA
Format: Paperback
Pages: 446
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Every touch has its price

Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could.

But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla’s powers begin to evolve, and she’s offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She’s finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay…

"There's never been any other girl, Layla-bug."

There are no words to explain just how excited I was when I opened a parcel from a friend in the US to find an ARC of this book. Since reading an ARC of the first book in this series, White Hot Kiss, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next installment in the Dark Elements series. This is without a doubt one of the most unique YA Paranormal series I have read and yet again JLA blew me away with this book.

Layla is still reeling from the events that split her whole world apart. She is trying to live a normal life at high school and she is now not trusted by the only family she has ever known. Layla doesn't know where to turn and on top of that she is pretty heartbroken. Can she continue to go on as more and more strange things start to happen around her home. Things that she is getting the blame for. And can her heart take it when the one thing she has always thought was impossible becomes possible. Layla suddenly finds herself bang in the middle of dangerous goings-on and she is also caught between the one boy she has always wanted for her whole life and the dangerous bad boy who is stealing her heart. Can she survive the danger with her heart in tact? Or is she destined to be broken apart?

Stone Cold Touch is genuinely one of the best follow-ups to a series I have ever read. Jennifer L Armentrout once again proved how much she deserves her title of 'Queen of YA'. She truly is the best and most diverse author out there. There is nothing she cannot tackle and come out on top with a bestseller. She is phenomenal. Stone Cold Touch grabbed me right from the start and I couldn't put it down. I was so taken by this story I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen.

I absolutely adore Layla. She is one of my favourite YA heroines of all time. She is totally kick-ass while also being sensitive and someone every girl is able to identify with. She is awesome and she grows so much more in Stone Cold Touch. If you look at the girl she was right at the beginning of White Hot Kiss and where she is now you'd be so surprised and proud at how much she has grown as a person.
Roth... Roth, Roth, Roth. I still adore you but man you made me really hate you for a moment there. I had a total love-hate relationship with Roth in this one. He was a bit of an ass and I really wanted to jump in the book to punch him in the face! Other times I couldn't stop laughing at his snarkiness and then at other times I swooned and loved him. This boy gave me emotions that came close to Bipolar!

Now I'm sorry Team Rothers.... but I have so switched teams. I AM TEAM ZAYNE! Zayne did exactly what I thought he would in this one. Zayne really upped his game and I swear he will make everyone fall in love with him in this one. Even the Team Rothers. He is super sweet, super sexy and super protective. We see the amazing Zayne we saw a glimpse of in the prequel novella Bitter Sweet Love. The boy who may be in love with Layla even if he is sworn to be with another by his family. He really makes you know his feelings for Layla in this one and how he doesn't care what his father and family think. I am so in love with Zayne. He is beautiful and sweet and had me swooning like crazy all the way through the book.

Stone Cold Touch was utterly phenomenal. I loved every single moment of it and I am now left reeling dying for the third and final installment of the series, Every Last Breath. The love triangle in this series is one of the best wrote triangles I have ever come across. I may be Team Zayne but it is such a close tie. I adore both of the boys and this is the first ever series where I genuinely find it really difficult to choose a side. I ALWAYS have a side. Jennifer I don't know what the hell you have done to me! I honestly can't call it. I don't know who Layla will end up with. It just makes my desperate need for the third book even more.

Stone Cold Touch utterly blew me away. It was filled with romance and intensity, action and danger. Everything you could possibly want in a series. It is one of the best, most unique and most incredible series I have ever read and as sad as I am that the next book will see the end of the series I can't wait to see how it is all going to pan out. This book has left me reeling. Once again Jen drew me in, twisted my heart painfully and then threw me out leaving me reeling. I laughed and I cried while reading this book. It was utterly phenomenal and I cannot wait to get Every Last Breath. If you haven't yet read this series I highly suggest you do. It's PHENOMENAL!

"I love you, Layla. Do you hear me? I've loved you since the first moment I heard you voice and I will continue to love you. No matter what. I love you."




4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOOOOD!!!!! I HATE YOU! I want this book so bad! Your review is awesome and so frustrating LOL. I am team Roth (for now...) but I did love Zayne in White Hot Kiss. I usually hate love triangles but with JLA, it's impossible not to read and love her books. The first sentence that you posted is Zayne, obviously, but the last??? Is it Z. or R.??? Argg...seriously, you are killing me. I need to beg someone for an ARC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, this book was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jelous! I doted on White Hot Kiss, but not living in the US either, I couldn't obtain it. Hello, I'm dying here! *sobs* Anyway, I absolutely adore Roth and now am afraid of Stone Cold Touch, since you said he was being an ass sometimes. I can't believe anything could make me change sides yet, neither do I want, I just love him too much. For me Zayne is friend-zone and I can't imagine thinking otherwise. At any rate, I'm very happy you liked it, cannot wait to read it, too. Great review (but not enough of it, however, probably I will never have enough 'till I finally get to read it *more sobs*).


    Have a nice week,

    A new follower and fellow fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me want NOW!! OMG... it sounds sooooo good! I am also team Roth, although ur making me question my choice.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment