Thursday, July 10

Early Review: Solitaire

Solitaire
Alice Oseman

Published By: Harper Collins
Publication Date: July 31, 2014
Date Read: June 27, 2014
Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance
Source: ARC from Harper Collins
Format: Paperback
Pages: 400
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
In case you’re wondering, this is not a love story.

My name is Tori Spring. I like to sleep and I like to blog. Last year – before all that stuff with Charlie and before I had to face the harsh realities of A-Levels and university applications and the fact that one day I really will have to start talking to people – I had friends. Things were very different, I guess, but that’s all over now.

Now there’s Solitaire. And Michael Holden.

I don’t know what Solitaire are trying to do, and I don’t care about Michael Holden.

I really don’t.

"Nothing's going to change until you decide you want it to change."

Right from the moment that I heard about Solitaire I knew that this was going to be one epically awesome book. I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy and so there were no words to explain my excitement when the awesome people over at Harper Collins tweeted me to ask if I wanted to review it. I was so excited and I just had to start the book straight away. I thought it was going to be awesome... and I was not wrong. Solitaire may just be one of the best YA Contemporary novels I have ever read.

Honestly I didn't really know what this book was going to be about. The blurb doesn't really give much away... but that is the beauty of this book. That you go into it not knowing what it is really about. Not knowing what Solitaire is and what they are going to do. That is the beauty of it and that is why I am not giving away ANYTHING! It's better to go in not knowing and get the full, amazing experience.

Alice Oseman is without a doubt one of the unique, fresh voices of YA. She is phenomenal and fantastic and her writing style without a doubt blew me away. I genuinelly cannot believe that she is only 19 years old. To be able to write that brillinatly and phenomeanlly at such a young age blows me away. She has such a intrinsically natural talent and I can really see her going so far.

Solitaire reads a little bit like fellow UKYA Contemp novel Geek Girl. It has such an authentic teenage voice. It really reads like it is an actual teenager talking. It's such an easy read. You find yourself sucked in by Tori's voice and you're just taken away by her story. By her pessimism and her life. It is wrote so superbly as it is so authentic and exactly how a teenager would talk or write, if they were writing something like a journal. You easily get lost in the inner-babble.

Solitaire is fantastic. It is true, gritty and funny. "It's funny because it's true." There are no words to explain how true that line is. That line is the epitome of that book! This book is gritty and raw. It shows such a true picture of what life for teenagers is like now. The book is funny... and the humour of it is because it's such a true picture of what is happening.

Solitaire was phenomenal. I loved every single second of it. It's possibly the best, more true and realistic YA contemporary novel I have ever read. I adored every moment of it and this is definitely THE debut of 2014. A must-read for everyone.

"One person can change everything, and you've changed everything for me."

 

1 comments:

  1. Are you not playing Solitaire on your mobile? Download Solitaire NOW (Available for Android and iOS)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment