Saturday, July 26

Early Review: I Wish (I Wish #1)

I Wish (I Wish #1)
Elizabeth Langston

Published By: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: November 18, 2014
Date Read: July 15, 2014
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: ARC from Spencer Hill Press
Format: Paperback
Pages: 312
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Lacey Linden is hiding the truth of her life—a depressed mom, a crumbling house, and bills too big to pay. While her high school classmates see a girl with a ready smile and good grades, Lacey spends her evenings seeking ways to save her family. On a get-cash-quick trip to the flea market, Lacey stumbles over a music box that seemingly begs her to take it home. She does, only to find it is inhabited by a gorgeous "genie." He offers her a month of wishes, one per day, but there's a catch. Each wish must be humanly possible.

Grant belongs to a league of supernatural beings, dedicated to serving humans in need. After two years of fulfilling the boring wishes of conventional teens, he is one assignment away from promotion to a challenging new role with more daring cases. Yet his month with Lacey is everything that he expects and nothing like he imagines. Lacey and Grant soon discover that the most difficult task of all might be saying goodbye.

When I first heard about this book it's fair to say I was really intrigued. I am a big fan of Spencer Hill Press so pretty much all of their books go on my TBR list, but this one stood out to me. Why? Because it's about a genie. I am a huge fan of YA Paranormal books but I had yet to come across one that centred around a genie. Just the blurb sounded amazing and unique to me so I couldn't wait to read it. I was absolutely not disappointed. I loved this book.

Lacey has put a front on for all her friends. The front of pretending that her life is normal. That she has the normal family life but it couldn't be further from the truth. Since the death of her step-father, her mother sunk into a deep depression and can't do anything, not look after her and her little brother, not pay the bills. It's all down to Lacey. When Lacey comes across a beautiful and alluring jewellery box at the flea market she treats herself. Little does she know the jewellery box holds a goregous genie that could be the answer to all her problems. But as she goes through the wishes Lacey needs to come to terms with the things that really mean a lot for her, and at the end of the month she will have to say goodbye to Grant.

This was my first Elizabeth Langston novel and I absolutely loved it. Her writing style is fantastic and I was gripped right from the start. Right from the beginning of the very first page, the wonderful writing and the fantastical characters and storyline completely grabbed me and I could not put the book down. It was just so amazing. I fell in love with the whole thing.

I absolutely loved Grant. He is such a fantastic character and the more I read the more I loved him. If you ever told me I'd love a Genie I would have laughed in your face but I really do love him. He is sweet and awesome. The romance with him is amazing and will have you swooning and giggling to the book. 

I Wish is without a doubt one of the most unique and different YA Paranormal books I have ever read. It was incredible. A story about a genie which also hinged on the lead protagonist learning what is really important makes this book a must-read. Lacey goes through such a journey in this book. Her personal growth is absolutely stunning and incredible and it makes this book just such a joy to read and go on this personal discovery with Lacey. I loved it.

I Wish is a fantastic storyline, with a dash of romance that is perfect for any YA fan. I can't recommend it enough. It was utterly fantastic and I loved every single moment of it. A must-read.

"I'm humbled to have Henry call me his friend. I want to be a partner in restoring laughter to your home. But most of all, I love you, Lacey, more than I could have ever imagined."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment