Saturday, July 12

Audio Review: Jet (Marked Men #2)

Jet (Marked Men #2)
Jay Crownover

Published By: Harper
Publication Date: July 3, 2014
Date Read: July 6, 2014
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Audiobook
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.

Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.

Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?

"I think we're both actually pretty screwed up, but together we just work and we make each other better."

After finishing the first book in the Marked Men series, Rule, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next installment of this series. I had such high expectations of Jet and I was slightly concerned that it wouldn't be as good as Rule and I would be disappointed. I should not have been concerned. Jet was everything I possibly could have wanted and more. I loved it.

Ayden Cross has had enough of bad boys. She wants a nice boring guy who will be good and kind to her. But then Jet Keller walks into her life. Jet is the super hot, tattooed rock star who is every girl's dream. As sparks fly between them can they put aside their differences for the thing that may just be the best thing to happen to both of them or are their differences and stubborn natures going to come between them?

It's fair to say I was very excited for this book. I had already fallen in love with Jet and Ayden as a couple, before they were a couple, in the first book in the series Rule. I absolutely adored Jet... I mean who wouldn't love a gorgeous rock star? Ayden and Jet's story was so amazing and I just couldn't wait to see what was going to happen to them. The more I listened to the audio the more I fell head over heels in love with them both... especially Jet. Coming from the horrible family situation you really feel for Jet and realise that he and Ayden have more in common than they know.

The audio edition of Jet was so freaking great. The two narrators did a fantastic job of bringing life to Jet and Ayden. I have to say that I loved the female narrator so much more. Not only did she bring life to Ayden but she portrayed Cora and Shaw perfectly too. I have loved both audios from this series so far so I am definitely a fan of this series on audio. If you haven't read the series yet I would definitely suggest the audios.

Jet was a fantastic book. It was the perfect follow up to Rule and I found this one just as unputdownable as the first one. One thing I loved about it is that even though this is the story of other characters we still get to see our beloved Rule and Shaw and see how they were. I definitely have to say that I preferred Rule but Jet was a phenomenal follow up and I loved every moment of it.

"Love isn't perfect. It's hard work and sometimes its more effort to be in love than it is to just run away. If you keep looking for perfect, the real thing is going to pass right by you."

 

1 comments:

  1. I skipped this one because I'm not a fan of rock star books and Ayden wasn't a memorable character in Rule. But, I might try the audio for this. Rule is still my favorite of the series!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment