Tuesday, June 10

Review: Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy #2)

Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy #2)
Jennifer Estep

Published By: K-Teen
Publication Date: November 29, 2011
Date Read: May 18, 2014
Genre: YA - Mythology
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
I’m Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Acad­emy, and I have no idea how I’m going to sur­vive the rest of the semes­ter. One day, I’m get­ting schooled in sword­play by the guy who broke my heart—the drop-dead gor­geous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invis­i­ble archer in the Library of Antiq­ui­ties decides to use me for tar­get prac­tice. And now, I find out that some­one at the acad­emy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I’m afraid if I don’t learn how to live by the sword—with Logan’s help—I just might die by the sword...

"You should see what I can do with my hands. And other parts of my body."

Kiss of Frost is one of those books that has been sat on my kindle for years. I read the first book in the Mythos Academy series, Touch of Frost, years ago (Feb 2011) and I remember loving it. I am such a huge fan of mythology books and that is exactly what this series is. After it being so long since reading the first installment I actually had to read my own review of book 1 just so I could remember who the characters were. Kiss of Frost surpassed all my expectations. I had completely forgotten how amazing this series was and I am now kicking myself for not reading the others sooner.

Gwen Frost is a second year at Mythos Academy, school for the mythical and magical. After a traumatic and dangerous event Gwen just wants a normal semester. That doesn't happen. Between having to face the gorgeous Logan, the guy who broke her heart, every day and then another Reaper coming after her, Gwen's life could never be normal. She is determined to enjoy the school trip to the Ski Resort but someone is after her and it may not be a case of enjoying the trip but more one of surviving it.

After having such a long time between starting this book and finishing the previous one I couldn't really remember much of this series other than it was about mythology. I freaking loved this book so much. It was AMAZING! Such a phenomenal book and I forgot how addictive Jennifer Estep's writing style was. I found Kiss of Frost addictive and very hard to put down. I ended up demolishing it in one sitting.

Gwen is such an awesome heroine. I genuinely love her. She is one of my favourite heroines ever and I just can't get enough of her. She is strong and kick-ass while being vulnerable and relatable at the same time. That makes her such a joy to read about and to follow her journey. The journey is one with highs and lows and it is never boring and she takes everything thrown at her and just carries on.

Kiss of Frost has such a great number of smaller characters that you adore. Daphne, Carson, Oliver, Kenzie, Logan. I love them all and I really care about what happens to each and every one of them not just the main character. They have great personaities and it's their relationships with each other than make this series so awesome to read about.

Kiss of Frost was an explosive and incredibly follow up to the first book in the Mythos Academy Series I couldn't put it down. It has everything you could want in a book. Hints of romance, sexual tension a non-stop pace with tonnes of action. Kiss of Frost is a must-read and I cannot wait to read the next book.

"No matter what I see or feel. You'll still be Logan, and I'll still be your Gypsy girl."


1 comments:

  1. Can we take a moment to swoon over Logan? ;) So glad you are loving this series! It is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment