Saturday, June 28

Audio Review: Rule (Marked Men #1)

Rule (Marked Men #1)
Jay Crownover

Published By: Harper Collins
Publication Date: July 3, 2014
Date Read: June 20, 2014
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Audio
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Opposites in every way . . . except the one that matters

Shaw Landon loved Rule Archer from the moment she laid eyes on him. Rule is everything a straight--A pre-med student like Shaw shouldn’t want--and the only person she’s never tried to please. She isn’t afraid of his scary piercings and tattoos or his wild attitude. Though she knows that Rule is wrong for her, her heart just won’t listen.

To a rebel like Rule Archer, Shaw Landon is a stuck-up, perfect princess-and his dead twin brother’s girl. She lives by other people’s rules; he makes his own. He doesn’t have time for a good girl like Shaw-even if she’s the only one who can see the person he truly is.

But a short skirt, too many birthday cocktails, and spilled secrets lead to a night neither can forget. Now, Shaw and Rule have to figure out how a girl like her and a guy like him are supposed to be together without destroying their love . . . or each other.

"Here’s my heart Shaw. You have it in your hands and I promise you’re the first and last person to ever touch it."

I have seen this book, and series, around online so much and always had them on my radar but never bought them or read them. Then I saw that they were coming out in the UK with the new gorgeous covers (look at that cover isn't it stunning?) and I just couldn't resist. Having the audible credits that I have I decided to try the audio edition and I am so glad that I did. Rule is the first book in the Marked Men series and it was so freaking good. I couldn't stop listening.

Shaw Landon has been in love with Rule Archer for forever. The problem Rule is a bad boy. He has a different girl on his arm every week. Add that to the fact that he thinks something was going on between him and his deceased twin brother. Basically that means off limits. But after one hot and steamy night there is no going back. Shaw has fallen even more in love with him. When Rule can't get Shaw out of his head he knows he has to try to make this work with the one girl that has ever made him feel anything. But can they make it work? Or will the sparks die out?

Rule was one of the best NA contemporary novels I have ever read. Jay Crownover is such a fantastic storyteller. I adored her writing style. It really hooks you in. She creates these phenomenal characters they you just instantly love and don't want to stop reading as you just have to keep going to find out what will happen to these amazing characters. What I loved even more is that Shaw doesn't have the big traumatic past. Some traumatic things happen but her past? There was no rape or beatings or anything like that and I loved that! It was so refreshing from the other NA books in the same genre.

The audio edition of this book has two narrators. One male and one female respectively for Rule and Shaw. I loved the narrators. They really brought life to the characters and I feel like this really did a fantastic job. The made the audiobook so enjoyable and made me not want to stop listening. It tends to take me quite a while to listen to a whole audiobook due to time restrictions on my part but I kept finding reasons to have my iPod on longer and longer as I just had to finish the audiobook as fast as I could.

Rule is pretty much the most amazing male protagonist ever. He is a bad boy and a sweetie pie all rolled into one. I just loved him and when the drama aspect of the book hit he shows his super smexy protective behaviour. I adored him.
Shaw is a super awesome, super kick-ass girl who is emotionally strong and has this beautiful inner strength and beauty that makes her so relatable for readers. I loved reading about her and am a little bit sad that her book is over. I want more Shaw!

Rule is not just your typical NA contemporary. It is so much more. It has everything that you want in a NA Contemp, romance and angst. Smexy boys and super hot scenes. But it also has more... it has action, terror and suspense. I loved that! I loved that it was more suspenseful and there was more to the story that just the romance. That is what made me adore this book and that is what makes Rule one of my all time favourite NA contemps! I loved every moment of it and I cannot wait to start on the next book in the Marked Men series, Jet.

"It’s always been you even when I didn’t want it to be, even when it broke my heart over and over again. It’s just always been you."

4 comments:

  1. yayay! i crazy, stupid, love this series so damn hard so it makes me nine kinds of happy to see how much you enjoyed it! loved your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooohhhh this sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. went to amazon to check it out......I have already bought it lol. my memory is awful. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nereydaG100329 June 2014 22:23

    Yay, I love Rule! The audiobook is amazing, I just heard it for the second time last month. The guy that does Rule's voice has a sexy voice. This is one of my favorite NA's. I didn't like any of Jay's other books as much as this though. So happy to see another Rule book (and audio) fan!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment