Friday, June 27

Audio Review: The One (The Selection #3)

The One (The Selection #3)
Kiera Cass

Published By: Harper Collins Childrens
Publication Date: May 6, 2014
Date Read: June 15, 2014
Genre: YA - Dystopia
Source: Bought
Format: Audio
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:

The highly anticipated conclusion to Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series, The One will captivate readers who love dystopian YA fiction and fairy tales. The One is the perfect finale for fans who have followed America's whirlwind romance since it began--and a swoon-worthy read for teens who have devoured Veronica Roth's Divergent, Ally Condie's Matched, or Lauren Oliver's Delirium.

The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.

Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!
“You made me proud, America. Sometimes I’m surprised at the things you say, but I don’t know why. You were always stronger than you knew.”

Having absolutely adored and devoured the first 2 books in The Selection series I was on tenter hooks waiting to get my hands on this book. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen, who she would choose and how the series was going to end. I would just like to take a moment to thank Harper Collins Childerens for sending my a paperback copy of this book for review. As you can tell from the title I actually ended up listening to the audio edition of this book. This was due to me having an unexpected 6 hour bus trip and I needed something to listen to as I cannot read on a bus (it makes me sick) so I decided even though I had this for review I would buy the audio so I could listen to it on my trip.

America Singer's life has changed in ways nobody could have expected. Torn away from her family and her boyfriend Aspen to be entered into The Selection. A competition to win the heart and hand in marriage of Prince Aspen she didn't want any of it. She definitely didn't expect to fall in love. Now she is down to the final 4 and she wants more than ever to win the heart of the prince and marry the person she truly loves. But things are brewing. The Rebels are getting fiestier and America finds herself once again in deep trouble. Now it may not be a case of if Prince Maxon chooses her... but if she survives long enough to find out.

The One was a beautiful and heart-stopping finale to The Selection series. It met all of my super high expectations and more. I loved every single moment of it and Kiera Cass did a phenomenal job once again. Her writing was phenomenal and hooked me in right at the start and I just didn't want to stop listening to this book. It was so freaking good and even though it was one heck of an emotional ride it was so worth it. It was phenomenal!

The narrator of The One did such a fantastic job. Whenever I start a new audiobook I am always a bit worried that I'm going to hate it due to the narrator. A narrator can make or break an audiobook and I was pleased to discover this one made it. She gave life to America and Maxon and all the other characters. She brought all the characters to life brilliantly and I adored her narration so much. She did a fantastic job!

The storyline was phenomenal and the book was filled to the brim of surprises. One of the characters that I had previously despised I ended up liking so much and really cared what happened to her. Fans of the series can probably guess who I am talking about.

The One was phenomenal. It as everything you could possibly want in a book. Romance and swooning. Action and danger. I was completely hooked and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen. It brought me to tears many times. It tore at the heartstrings and punctured a hole in my heart and then stitched my heart back up. The One was the perfect ending to the series and was perfect for all of the characters. I just adored every moment of it. If you haven't read this series yet I would highly recommend it. It's fantastic!

“Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment