Wednesday, January 1

Happy New Year

Hey my beautiful followers.
2013 has been such an insane year. It's been a mixture of good and bad and so I thought I would do this post about my year, mainly in terms of blogging and what I am looking forward to in 2014.

Beginning of 2013:
The beginning of 2013 was pretty awful for me. I was doing my Teachers Training course at university and it was so manic I wasn't reading at all really and that really got to me. I almost quit and dropped out many times and it was thanks to my family, friends and even some very special bookish friends, you know who you are, who got me through so thank you.

Mid 2013:
I finally got my reading time back and read like a maniac to catch up on all the blogging that I missed in the first few months.  I graduated from university and had a fantastic summer. I became an intern and then a publicist for Spencer Hill Press which was the most incredibly experience I could have possibly imagined. If I learnt one thing from working for SHP it's that I have so much admiration for those who work in publishing full time. I couldn't do it and I found that as much as I adore to do it part time I wouldn't want to do it for a full-time job. Reading is my hobby and passion but I love having my real-life stuff to do too.

End of 2013:
The end months of 2013 were a mixture of amazing and awful all at the same time. My gran was taken into hospital and was there for months and had to have some serious surgery. This was the time that I pretty much gave up blogging because it really hit me hard. However while going through this tough time the most amazing thing ever happened. I landed my first 'real' job. My first real teacher job and after being there for a few weeks realised that this is the best thing that has happened to me. I love my job. I love the people I work with, I love everything about it and basically it's my dream job. Better than I ever could have imagined. The downfall? I don't get to read a whole lot because my job is pretty demanding but I couldn't be happier.

The Lesson I learned in 2013:
The most important thing I learned in 2013 is that my blog isn't my whole world. I've been blogging for coming on 4 years I think and throughout that time I have been a university student right the way through until the end of this year. It has seriously been my number one priority for a long time and it really has been my love and my life. This year I fell under a number of stresses and I started feeling guilty because I wasn't posting something every day. My university course was way more stressful that I imagined it would be and I started to beat myself up because I wasn't blogging as much as I "should have been". I caused myself unnecessary stress and made me not want to read and not enjoy the thing that I love the most. The thing I learned is that blogging isn't my whole life. There are more important things out there than blogging. I have my perfect job and friends and I don't blog as much but I've learned that that's okay. All those books, my blog, my followers and my bookish friends will still be here when I do have time. I don't need to stress out. And this is a lesson that I am going to be taking into 2014.

What will happen in 2014:
K-Books will be slowing down a whole lot in 2014. I don't want to get stressed over my hobby and I definitely don't want my love of reading and blogging to go. So I have been thinking this over and over for the past month. At first I was thinking of quitting blogging completely for the year but then I realised that that wouldn't help me to not be stressed it would just make me really unhappy so the blogging is staying but it won't be a lot. I am not accepting nor requesting any new review books. I have so many to catch up on. There are a few exceptions that will be made for example I am in a special reviewers group for one particular series for a publisher so I will still get ARCs of that series and if there is one book I see that I know I can read before publication I will probably request it but it won't be many. I will not be doing any blog tours at all. Even interviews and guest posts I just forget to post them when I have my work stuff to do so I am ruling out all blog tours. Apart from one or two the memes will not be getting posted. The exceptions are my own I Still Haven't Read Yet and Waiting on Wednesday (coz I <3 br="" one="" that="">

As selfish as this sounds 2014 is all going to be about me. I'm going to have no bookish stress and I'm going to read what I want, when I want and just post reviews along the way. I don't want to be worrying about what review book I MUST or NEED to read next. I want to just look on my bookshelf see a book and go yeah I'm gonna read that. I will take this year to also catch up on the Review/Netgalley books that I already have... but at my own pace when I want. This is the way that I am going to have a relaxing and fun reading yet. With no stressing out.

Here is to a fantastic, fun and relaxing year. Have a good time everyone and always remember I truly appreciate each and every one of you who have made it this far and finished reading this post. I love you all.

Now after all that heavy you need some cake. Go get some.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment