Friday, January 3

Blog Tour: Independent Study (The Testing #2)


Hey Guys,
I'm so excited to be a part of the blog tour for the incredible second book in the The Testing series, Independent Study, by Joelle Charbonneau. I fell in love with this series early last year and so I'm very excited to feature Joelle and the second installment on the blog today.

 Independent Study (The Testing #2) 
Joelle Charbonneau

Published By: HMH Books for Younger Readers
Publication Date: January 7, 2014
Genre: YA - Dystopia
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
In the series debut The Testing, sixteen-year-old Cia Vale was chosen by the United Commonwealth government as one of the best and brightest graduates of all the colonies . . . a promising leader in the effort to revitalize postwar civilization. In Independent Study, Cia is a freshman at the University in Tosu City with her hometown sweetheart, Tomas—and though the government has tried to erase her memory of the brutal horrors of The Testing, Cia remembers. Her attempts to expose the ugly truth behind the government’s murderous programs put her—and her loved ones—in a world of danger. But the future of the Commonwealth depends on her

~ My Review ~

"Sometimes the best leaders are the ones who have no interest in leading. Those are often the ones who are most interested in doing what is right, not what is popular."

Right from the moment I read this first book in this series, The Testing, I was obsessed. I am such a massive fan of dystopia novels that when I heard of this one I couldn't wait to read it. The Testing did not disappoint whatsoever and I loved every moment of it. There are no words to explain my excitement when the amazing Brooke from The Cover Contessa picked me up a signed ARC of this on when she was at BEA. Independent Study does not disappoint whatsoever. I loved every single moment of it.

Cia did the impossible. She passed The Testing. But she remembers bits and pieces. Every time she goes to sleep she is plagued with nightmares. But are they truly nightmares or are they memories? As she uncovers more and more truths she finds herself and her loved ones in more and more danger. But can she really turn her back on the dark and dangerous truth? Can she just go about her normal life and try to survive The University? Or is she destined for more...

I was yet again completely hooked right from the start. As soon as I started Independent Study I found it incredibly tough to put the book down. Joelle once again captured my attention with her addictive world, great characters and unputdownable storylines. This woman is fantastic and just when I thought that I had figured out what was happening she would throw in a twist I would never have guessed. Independent Study was completely addictive and I couldn't put it down.

Cia is such a fantastic heroine. I absolutely adore her. She is without a doubt one of the best, most intelligent heroines I have ever read about. I adore that she always uses her smarts before embarking on anything. She really thinks it through before deciding on a course of action. I find that we don't have enough really smart YA heroines so I adore Cia because of that. I love that she is crazy smart ;)

Independent Study completely and utterly blew me away. The Testing series is without a doubt one of my all time favourite YA Dystopia series. I absolutely loved every single second of it. Independent Study is full of lies, deceit, mystery and a touch of love. If you are a looking for a action packed adventure in an incredible dystopian world with super smart characters you will become addicted to and a bit of heartstopping romance then Independent Study is for you. I found it addictive and I couldn't stop reading. Independent Study is a phenomenal installment of the fantastic The Testing Series and has left me dying for more... I need Graduation Day NOW!

"History says that progress often requires sacrifice, but what kind of progress can we claim when it is built on the lives of the citizens it was supposed to aid?"




Check out the rest of the tour:


Giveaway Time:

a Rafflecopter giveaway


 Connect with Joelle:

Ever since I can remember I loved telling stories. As I grew up, I started performing those stories on the stage. Creating vivid characters and singing wonderfully complex songs were my passion. I graduated from Millikin University with a Bachelors Degree in Vocal Performance and then continued onto DePaul University for my Masters Degree in Opera Performance. From there I went onto perform across the Chicagoland area in a variety of Operas, Operettas and Musicals. I also started teaching acting classes and private voice lessons to pass my passion along to the next generation.

Not exactly the path you’d expect a writer to take.

I’d never dreamed of writing a novel. But I loved to read. Then one day I had an idea and I started to write. I found my passion for creating characters lived on the page as well as the stage. It is my hope that the characters I’ve created resonate with you and make you smile.

I still teach voice lessons and sing for the occasional professional event. But the rest of my time is spent with my husband and son while dreaming up new and interesting stories. I hope that someday I hear yours.


4 comments:

  1. Rebekah@ReflectionsofaBookworm3 January 2014 14:01

    I remember you telling me to check the series out! It sounds awesome and I love that the heroine is worth rooting for :)
    Fab review, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely liked this one so much more than the first one. I can't wait to read the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read The Testing, but I definitely want to continue this series. I think Cia is a great main character and I can't wait to read more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great review! Sometimes the 2nd book isn't as good as the first, so I'm glad to know that this one is : )

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment