Wednesday, December 25

Top 10 of 2013: Day 3 - Top 10 Contemporary Books of 2013





10. Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend #1) by JK Rock

Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance

Camp Boyfriend, the first book from Spencer Hill Press' new Contemporary line is amazing. I, being from England, have never been to camp so reading this was like I could experience it all through this book. Joanne and Karen are super cool and I love them and their first YA novel was awesome. It's such a light, happy and humerous read.


9. Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry

Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance

Crash Into You was included on my generic Top 10 books so of course it had to be included on my Top 10 Contemporary books. Katie's writing style is addictive and we finally got Isaiah's story. I love love love this!



8. Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles #1) by Sophie Jordan

Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance

Another book that was also on my generic Top 10 list Foreplay has everything you want in a contemporary book. It's cute, sexy and hilarious. I love love love this book and I can't wait for more from Sophie Jordan.



7. Seven Day Fiance (Love and Games #2) by Rachel Harris

Genre: Adult - Contemporary Romance

Seven Day Fiance was one I beta read for Rachel and it's just so cute and lovely and it's totally inspiring and really touched me on a personal level. I love this book so freaking much. Rachel is such an inspiration.



6. Finding It (Losing It #3) by Cora Carmack

Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance

Having been a huge fan of Cora Carmack since her first novel I couldn't wait for Finding It and it blew me away. I loved this more than any of her others. The background of travelling and being able to experience these different cultures and countries was incredible and we had Jackson, the most swooniest Cora boy so far. There is nothing I didn't like about this book.


5. How To Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern

Genre: Adult - Chic Lit

Okay so this one may be a little bit of a cheat. I'm not entirely sure that this one is classed as Contemporary Romance it's more chic lit but this is such an incredible inspiring and uplifting romance that I couldn't not include it on this list. This is such a moving book that leaves you feeling like the world isn't a horrible place but a place of love and beauty. Incredible book.


4. On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street #1) by Samantha Young

Genre: Adult - Contemporary Romance

This was my introduction to Samantha Young. I had never heard of her or read anything by her prior to On Dublin Street and it blew me away. Samantha's writing style is addictive so that you just can't stop reading and her characters are incredible I just loved this book so much.


3. The Darkest Part (Living Heartwood #1) by Trisha Wolfe

Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance

Another one from my original Top 10. I just love this book so much. It's so unputdownable and fantastic. I just love Trisha's writing, her storytelling and her wonderful characters.



2. Reclaimed by Sarah Guillory

Genre: YA - Contemporary

Reclaimed is such a unique and shocking Contemporary that you are left completely speechless. It's one of the only contemporary books that had me going WHAT? at the twist. Usually I can see them coming but this one was totally unexpected to me.


1. Wait For You (Wait For You #1) by J. Lynn

Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance

My favourite author of all time, Jennifer L Armentrout's first hand at a NA Contemporary and it completely took my breath away. I loved this book so much and it just completely took over my life while reading. I couldn't put it down. I was just completely enraptured by her incredibly moving and uplifting story. This is still the best contemporary novel I have ever read.








Honourable Mention: Frigid by J. Lynn also deserves a mention because it's one of the most unique NA's I have read with the main protagonist having not had anything traumatic happen to her prior to the book. That is rare in NA Contemp and it's what made Frigid deserve a big mention.


1 comments:

  1. I've read three on your list and have two of them on my TBR for sure. The Pushing the Limits series has changed my view of contemporary writing! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment