Tuesday, December 24

Top 10 of 2013: Day 2 - Top 10 Covers of 2013




10. These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Aimie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Genre: YA - Sci-fi

These Broken Stars has one of the most eye-catching covers I have honestly ever seen. I think it's just so beautiful. The background is gorgeous, the girls dress is stunning and the font is amazing. I have read this book and unfortunately I didn't like it all that much. The book was most definitely not for me but it still remains to be one of my favourite covers. It's just beautiful.

9. The Darkest Part (Living Heartwood #1) by Trisha Wolfe

Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance

The Darkest Part is one of my favourite books of the year I absolutely adored this book and the cover is just amazing. I love it so much as it is just perfect for the meaning of the book. The couple are spot on what I imagined and the tree in the P is just so symbolic to the storyline. One of the most well thought out covers to go with the story I have seen.


8. Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren DeStefano

Genre: YA - Fantasy

This is the UK cover of Perfect Ruin and it's one of my fave covers because it just reflects the inside of the book so well. The floating city is amazing, the girl seperate from it reflects the feelings of our main protagonist superbly and the font is so swirly and beautiful. I love everything about this cover.


7. Fireblood (Fireblood #1) by Trisha Wolfe

Genre: YA - Fantasy

Another fantastic book from Trisha Wolfe I loved Fireblood so much. I've been waiting for this book for so long and Spencer Hill Press did the most incredible job with the cover. It shows us our two main characters and depicts them perfectly and the castle in the background is just awesome. Plus we have an awesome quote from another favourite author, Wendy Higgins. What more could you want?

6. Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry

Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance

Katie McGarry is one of my favourite authors and I have loved all of the covers for her series so far. Crash Into You is one of my favourite covers because I love how bright it is and it is so important to the storyline. I love everything about it. The typical PtL style font and the characters and just everything. To me it is perfect for the story.

5. Darker Days (Darker Agency #1) by Jus Accardo

Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance/Fantasy

I love love love that cover. Look at it. Jessie is looking as kick-ass as ever center stage and I just love the magical look of the background and how colourful it is. This book is just such an amazing story and the cover really reflects that. It's awesome!


4. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas

Genre: YA - Fantasy

I love this cover so much. The red smoke really draws the eye to Caelena and she is looking just as bad ass as ever and it reflects just how she is throughout the book. I loved this book and the cover just instantly screams READ ME!




3. Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare

Genre: YA - Paranormal / Steampunk

Clockwork Princess was my most anticipated book of this year and it broke my heart... no smashed it into smithereens. However you can't deny that this is one of the most stunning covers you will possibly ever see. The Infernal Devices has some of the most amazing covers ever and Clockwork Princess is the best. It's gorgeous to look at and it's just perfect for the story too.

2. Splintered (Splintered #1) by AG Howard

Genre: YA - Fairytale Retelling

Splintered was the book that surprised me the most this year and the cover it gorgeous. It's weird and creepy and is full of bugs which is important for the story. The font is amazing. I adore that font. I adore everything about this cover. It's just sooooooo beautiful!


1. The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May

Genre: YA - Fantasy

Now this is the only book that is on this list that I haven't read yet. As soon as I heard of this book I thought it sounded amazing. As soon as I saw the cover I was speechless. It's just absolutely stunning. It's so fiery and action-y and perfect. It screams read me and all I want to do everytime I see this is hug it. It is on my shelf right now and I am just dying to dive into it. I know it's going to be incredible. It's the most stunning cover I have seen this year so it just had to be number one.





3 comments:

  1. I picked These Broken Stars and Splintered, too! I like your Perfect Ruin better than ours. Ours is boring, although it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, I like The Falconer cover! Also glad some more of Trisha Wolfe's novel made other's Cover lists! I love Astarte's Wrath's cover, personally. :)

    Kelsey @ Ketch's Book Nook

    http://kelseyketch.com/2013/12/24/best-covers-of-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1-4 YES! That Splintered cover is amazing. I've been looking at that on various book blogs and TTT lists all year. I love the Crown of Ice and Cassandra Clare covers as well. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment