Monday, December 23

Top 10 of 2013: Day 1 - Top 10 Books of 2013



Top 10 Books of 2013:



10. Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry

Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance

I've been waiting for Isaiah's story since the first book and it did not disappoint. I loved everything about this story and having glimpses of Noah and Echo in there made it a fantastic read to me.



9. Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles #1) by Sophie Jordan

Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance

This year saw the rise in contemporary novels and in particular this new age group of New Adult. Foreplay is one of the best NA Contemps I read and I was totally taken right from the start by this sweet, sexy and hilarious love story between Pepper and Reece.
8. Reclaimed by Sarah Guillory

Genre: YA - Contemporary Romance

Reclaimed was one of the first books from Spencer Hill Press' new contemporary line and it's one that completely blew me away. With non stop romance, a bit of mystery and a psychological aspect too Reclaimed was without a doubt a winner for me and not only one of my fave books of this year but one of my fave books of all time. It's stunning and breathtaking.


6. The Darkest Part (Living Heartwood #1) by Trisha Wolfe

Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance

I have been a huge Trisha Wolfe fan for years and The Darkest Part her newest work totally blew me away. It has heartstopping romance and an air of mystery and it's jam packed with sexual tension. Add to that the fact that there is a psychological aspect to it The Darkest Part is without a doubt a winner.



5. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Genre: YA - Fairytale Retelling

Tiger Lily completely took my breath away. A new twist on the Peter Pan fairytale we are told the story through my favourite character's point of view Tinkerbell. I loved it so much and it really changed my thoughts on the whole story and that is definitely what I want fairytale retellings to do. 



  4. Sweet Peril (Sweet Trilogy #2) by Wendy Higgins

Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance

As only one of two Paranormal Romances on my Top 10 list Sweet Peril completely blew me away. I adored Sweet Evil and Sweet Peril did not disappoint. It was packed full of romace, adventure and danger. Everything you could possible want in a PNR. I don't read a lot of demon/nephilim books but this is one of the best I have read. Such major love for this series.


3. The Testing (The Testing #1) by Joelle Charbonnau

Genre: YA - Dystopia

I had a much quieter dystopia year this year. I read a few but the one that blew me away the most was The Testing. Welcome to a world where you go through a survival of the fittest style competition in order to get to university. With non-stop action and a corrupt dystopian society it's amazing for dystopia fans like me. Add to that the very intelligent kick-ass main character this book was a win-win in all aspects.

2. Unhinged (Splintered #2) by AG Howard

Genre: YA - Fairytale Retelling

This series is without a doubt my biggest love of the year. I was completely surprised by how much I adored Splintered and Unhinged was even better. With lots more Morpheus who is my favourite character I devoured this book. It has magic, mystery and madness with a dash of plotting and deciet this was absolutely one of my favourites of the year.


1. Sentinel (Covenant #5) by Jennifer L Armentrout

Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance/Mythology

Covenant series has remained my favourite series of all time since I read the first one in 2011 and I was so heartbroken that the end was nigh in Sentinel. Jennifer is officially my hero. Sentinel was without a doubt the most perfect series wrap-up I have ever read. It was utterly phenomenal and utter perfection. I decided to only choose one book per author for the majority of these lists and when thinking of JLA's releases this year it just had to be Sentinel. It was the perfect wrap up. 




7 comments:

  1. Awesome list! Crash Into You is on mine also :) I really need to read Tiger Lily and The Testing as I've heard amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, Tiger Lily. I loved that book so incredibly much but it kind of... how do I say it... beat my heart up then threw it off a cliff. Yup, that sounds about right, I was walking around with a broken heart for weeks after reading that incredible book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED Crash Into You, The Darkest Part, Sweet Peril and Tiger Lily! The rest I haven't read. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list Kayleigh! Thanks so much for taking part in the Top 10
    of 2013! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your Top 10’s :D

    Hugs,

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! The Darkest Part is on my list too! I love Trish's writing.
    Kelsey @ Ketch's Book Nook
    http://kelseyketch.com/2013/12/23/best-books-of-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Top 10 Kayleigh :) I LOVED Crash Into You, The Darkest Part, and Sweet Peril too! I need to read The Covenant Series! I love everything JLA, and have read all her books except this series.

    Here's ABE's Top 10:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/12/top-10-best-books-weve-read-in-2013.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know, I loved Unhinged and Sentinel. Not so much the Testing, but I did enjoy the second book of that series. I really want to read Foreplay. JLA said it's phenomenal and I'm meeting Sophie Jordan in February! Crash into you was definitely one of my favorite reads this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment