Tuesday, December 31

Top 10 Breakthrough Authors of 2013

Hey Guys,
So Top 10 of 2013 is over but on the last day of the year I always love thinking about the new authors I experienced this year. This isn't just a list of debut authors but authors who have been writing for years but they are new to me... meaning I read my first book by them this year. Here are my Top 10 Breakout Authors of the year.

10. Abbi Glines

Abbi's books have been gracing many blogs for years and I have had her books sat on my kindle for a while but this year was the first time I ever picked up one of her books. In the rise of NA fiction I devoured her Vincent Brothers series and can't wait to get started on her other series. I will definitely be checking out her other books in the coming year.

9. Anna Banks

A good friend of mine bought be Anna's debut novel Of Poseidon for my birthday last year and it sat on my shelf for a long time. I finally picked it up this year and she blew me away with her mix of mythology and fantasy. I loved it and I can't wait to read her other work. She is definitely an author that I will be looking out for in the future.
My Reviews:
8. Jennifer Allis Provost

I've been lucky enough to count Jennifer as a really good friend for the past year or two. This year her incredibly adult urban fantasy Copper Girl was released and it was my first experience of her writing. This was one of the best books of the year for me and I'm dying to get my hands on the second book in the series. Jennifer is not only an awesome writer but an awesome person too.
My Reviews:
7. Samantha Young

I'm pretty sure Samantha's paranormal books have been released for a couple of years but this year saw the start of her On Dublin Street series and while in my obsessive Contemporary reading streak I picked up her adult contemps. Her writing style obsessed me. I loved the series so much and I will defintiely be searching out her other books in other genres.
My Reviews:

6. Victoria Scott

2013 saw the start of Victoria's writing career and the beginning of her amazing Dante Walker series. Her storytelling is addictive and I loved The Collector and The Liberator. They were two phenomenal books that still stick in my mind months later. I can't wait for her new series starting in 2014
My Reviews:

5. JK Rock

The start of the Spencer Hill Contemporary line saw sister-writing-duo come into the writing scene. I am good friends with both Joanne and Karen and they are two of the nicest people you could ever virtually meet. They are awesome and their book was just as awesome as they are. I loved it and it's such a sweet fun cute read. I can't wait for the rest of the series.
My Reviews:

4. Melissa Landers

Okay so here is where I cheat a little bit. Melissa's debut novel is due out in 2014 but I was lucky enough to get an ARC so I technically read the book this year. Melissa is one debut author to look out for. Her writing style is addictive where you really can't stop reading and I just loved everything about her book. It's awesome so you MUST check it out when it releases.
My Reviews:
3. Sarah Guillory

Sarah Guillory has appeared on many of my Top 10 of 2013 lists because her debut this year rocked my world. It was so freaking awesome and surprising and I never saw the end coming. That doesn't happen a lot with me so I loved that. I can't wait to see what she will come up with next but whatever it is I know it's going to be just awesome.
My Reviews:
2. Joelle Charbonneau

Joelle is my new favourite dystopia author. Her YA Dystopia novel just blew me away. It reminded me of the feelings I had when I first read The Hunger Games. The totally obsessed can't put the book down feeling. The Testing is one of my all time favourite books and I need the third one like right now. Is it June yet?
My Reviews:

1. AG Howard

Did you guess it? Ever since reading Splintered earlier in the year I have obsessed over Anita and her phenomenal writing style, world building and characterization. She brought life to a classic and made me love Alice in Wonderland where I never liked the story before let alone love it. She is one of the best authors I have ever had the pleasure of reading the work of. She is amazing. I can't praise her enough and I will be reading everything she brings out from now regardless of what it's about. If she writes a instruction manuel heck I'd read that too as long as she had wrote it. She is my second to my beloved JLA.

My Reviews:

 

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer Allis Provost1 January 2014 at 17:10

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L. E. Christopher2 January 2014 at 22:19

    Thanks for the recommendations! Are all of these indie authors? I'll be sure to buy several and put them on my Kindle - I've been looking for new authors to follow and prefer Indies, although wouldn't mind some traditionally published authors as well. It just feels more like supporting small business or something to me when I purchase Indie stuff instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a mixture of indie and traditionally published.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment