Saturday, November 2

Sentinel Blog Tour: Review of Sentinel


Hey Guys I am so excited to be a part of the Blog Tour for Sentinel... I am so devastated this series is over *sobs*

Check out the rest of the tour by click HERE

Sentinel (Covenant #5)
Jennifer L Armentrout

Published By: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: November 2, 2013
Date Read: November 2, 2013
Genre: YA - Mythology
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 360
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.

~ My Review ~

"And because I love you, I am willing to die to save you from that. Don't you dare take that decision away from me."

Oh My Holy Gods! There are seriously no words to explain just how incredible this book is.

Now before I go any further let me just give you this...


Have my JLA Feels box... because dude you are sooooo gonna need them!

Sentinel was without a doubt the most heartbreaking yet perfectly beautiful book I have ever read. No really. There are seriously no words. It was amazing. Heartwrenching. Perfect. There are so many emotions I went through while reading this book that that feels box was so needed!

I have been such a huge fan of Jen's Covenant series since the beginning when Half-Blood was released in 2011. I fell head over heels in love with the storyline and the characters and it has continued to be my favourite series of all time and I am so utterly heartbroken that it has ended. But like they say all good things must come to an end and this ended with a BANG!

Alex and Aiden have been through it all. But the time has come for it to end. Going to war with the gods is not easy... and you can guarantee that not everyone is going to make it through. But Alex must make the ultimate sacrifice. Can she really get through this not only with her life but with her love by her side?

Jennifer L Armentrout has once again proven that she is a literary goddess and genius. There is nothing she can write that will turn out bad and Sentinel just proves that. Jen's incredible and addictive writing style pulls you in right from the first page and won't let you go. She draws you in and keeps you guessing right through and when you finally think you know what is going to happen she will throw in the biggest plot twist that will break your heart and have you going "woah did that really just happen?" Throughout Sentinel Jen shocked me to the core and I have come out the otherside of this incredibly heartwrenchingly emotional book in complete awe of her. It's the truth people, Jen is the Queen of everything literary and she is going nowhere but up!

Alex has always been my favourite YA heroine because... well she is just epically awesome. I adore her and I just kept on loving her more and more throughout the book. Sentinel shows a very different side to Alex, after what happened to her at the end of Apollyon. What happened to her in the past has a definite consequence to her actions in this one but it just made me appreciate and love her even more. She is one strong chica out Alex. I just adore her.

Oh Aiden, my beautiful, beautiful boy. I adore you and love you and you are just the most incredible, loving, perfect guy ever. Aiden is utter perfection and he just made me fall even more in love with him throughout this final installment of the Covenant series.

Seth... oh, Seth. Now if you know me at all you will know that I have always from the very first book, hated and despised Seth. Well... brace yourself... I actually liked Seth by the end. I don't love him by any means but he really proved himself in this one and I ended up liking him in the end.

Sentinel is without a doubt the most heartbreaking yet uplifting book I think I have ever read. I couldn't believe what was happening and could barely read as I was crying so much. It's definitely a bittersweet conclusion to the series but at the same time it's completely perfect for this series. Jen proves herself as such a talented author and I just loved every moment. Sentinel was completely addictive and I ended up reading it in one sitting.

The Covenant Series is well and truly my favourite series of all time and is one that I will re-read again and again. I loved every single, heartbreaking yet perfect moment. There couldn't have been a more perfect ending to the series. I am still not ready to let go of these characters and I would love to see a spin-off series with some of the secondary characters. If it happens I will be overjoyed, if it doesn't that's ok too because the series was the best I have ever read.

Sentinel, and the whole Covenant series, was utter perfection. It was addictive, heartwrenching, emotional and uplifting. I can't even put into words all the feelings that I went through. I can't wait to start on one of Jen's new upcoming novels and series. Covenant will leave a big hole in my heart and my life and I don't think anything else can quite fill the hole. Alex, Aiden, Seth and the rest will forever hold a special place in my heart and I will continue to relive this utterly perfect series over and over again forever.

"You have my heart, and you have my strength. Make no mistake, I am willing to die for you, but you have to trust that I don't want to leave my side."


Buy Sentinel NOW:


B&N: 
~ Giveaway Time ~



a Rafflecopter giveaway


 Connect with Jennifer:


# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true.

Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

She is the author of the Covenant Series (Spencer Hill Press), the Lux Series (Entangled Teen), Don't Look Back (Disney/Hyperion) and a yet untitled novel (Disney/Hyperion), and new YA paranormal series with Harlequin Teen.

Jennifer also writes New Adult and Adult romance under the pen name J. Lynn. The Gamble Brothers Series (Tempting the Best Man/Tempting the Player) and Wait for You. Under her pen name, she is published with Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.
Links:


2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! Felt like I was reading my own review - we had so many of the same reactions. Thanks for being part of this tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I am so happy to have this and at the same time sad it is over.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment