Wednesday, October 23

Waiting On Wednesday


This week's pick is...

 Red Rising (Red Rising #1)
Pierce Brown

Published By: Hodder (UK) / Del Ray (US)
Publication Date: January 28, 2013 (BOTH)
Genre: YA - Dystopia
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Darrow is a miner and a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he digs all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of the planet livable for future generations. Darrow has never seen the sky.

Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better future for his children.

But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity already reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and sprawling parks spread across the planet. Darrow and Reds like him are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.

Inspired by a longing for justice, and driven by the memory of lost love, Darrow joins a resistance group in order to infiltrate the ruling class and destroy society from within. He will stop at nothing to bring down his enemies... even if it means he has to become one of them to do so.

Honestly I hadn't heard of this book at all, nor the author, until I got an ARC of this book through my door from the UK Publisher, Hodder & Strougton. Reading the Press Release that came along with it I instantly because super excited and it shot right to the top of my TBR list. At the time of writing this post it is sat as one of my very next reads so by the time this goes live I hopefully will have devoured the book.

I am a massive fan of YA dystopia novels and this one just sounds fan-freaking-tastic. I am so excited I can't wait to get started on it.

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Sarah Negovetich24 October 2013 at 04:27

    I haven't heard of this one either, though with a January release it might be a bit early. I love that we're still seeing YA dystopian coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh haven't heard of this one before!! Sounds good though. Going on my Wishlist.



    S @ Totally Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment