Wednesday, September 4

Spensations: Spotlight On... Reclaimed


Hey Guys,
Welcome to another installment of Spensations. I'm so excited to feature this particular book as it is one of the first releases from Spencer Hill Contemp. I am such a massive fan of Contemporary Books right now and this is definitely one of my most anticipated...

Reclaimed
Sarah Guillory

Published by: Spencer Hill Contemporary
Publication Date: October 15, 2013
Genre: YA - Contemporary
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Jenna Oliver doesn’t have time to get involved with one boy, let alone two.

All Jenna wants is to escape her evaporating small town and her alcoholic mother. She's determined she'll go to college and find a life that is wholly hers—one that isn't tainted by her family's past. But when the McAlister twins move to town and Jenna gets involved with both of them, she learns the life she planned may not be the one she gets.


Ian McAlister doesn't want to start over; he wants to remember.

Ian can’t recall a single thing from the last three months—and he seems to be losing more memories every day. His family knows the truth, but no one will tell him what really happened before he lost his memory. When he meets Jenna, Ian believes that he can be normal again because she makes not remembering something he can handle.

The secret Ian can’t remember is the one Luke McAlister can’t forget.

Luke has always lived in the shadow of his twin brother until Jenna stumbles into his life. She sees past who he’s supposed to be, and her kiss brings back the spark that life stole. Even though Luke feels like his brother deserves her more, Luke can’t resist Jenna—which is the trigger that makes Ian's memory return.

Jenna, Ian, & Luke are about to learn there are only so many secrets you can keep before the truth comes to reclaim you.

Right from the first moment I heard of Reclaimed and saw that gorgeous cover I could not wait to read it. And it doesn't disappoint either. I am currently reading Reclaimed now and let me tell you it is amazing!

Now in true Spensations fashion... please welcome Sarah Guillory.

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for being here on K-Books and joining me for this feature.

Well I am such a massive fan of Spencer Hill Press, including the new imprints Spence City and Spencer Hill Contemporary. What’s it like being a part of the amazing Spencer Hill Press family?

I love working with Spencer Hill Press. RECLAIMED is coming out with Spencer Hill Contemporary, a new imprint, and my editor Danielle is phenomenal. Everyone I’ve work with at Spencer Hill, from interns to copyeditors to publicists, has made this whole process an amazing experience.

So you have a book, Reclaimed coming out with Spencer Hill Press’ imprint Spencer Hill Contemporary in October. How excited are you about releasing it into the world?

There is both excitement and fear in having a book soon to be released, and while I felt more fear earlier on, at this point, I’m really ready for it to be out. I can’t wait to hear what readers think! This book has been just mine for so long. I think I’m finally ready to share it.

So talk us through your typical writing routine.

I write almost every day. I teach school full-time, so I write in the afternoons when I get home, usually between 4:30-6:30 pm. If I’m on a deadline or really into a scene, I write after dinner as well. When I’m drafting, I aim for a set word count. When I’m revising, I just have to put in the time. I draft fairly quickly, but I revise very slowly, since I’m pretty much re-writing every single sentence. After the first major revision, I ask my husband and sister to read it. I usually go through several more revisions before it’s ready for anyone else to see. I have two amazing CPs who give great feedback, and with my current manuscript, I’ve also had two awesome beta readers.

Is there any particular character that you enjoyed writing more than others?

That’s a difficult question, because writing each of my characters was a very difference experience. I think writing Luke was easiest. For some reason, he just kept talking to me. His voice was always the most distinct.

Are there any particular scenes that you enjoy writing more than others?

I like writing kissing scenes, of course. This is actually a really hard question for me to answer because I love writing, period, all scenes, the ones that make me squeal and the ones that rip my heart out and tap dance on it. Okay, maybe I like writing those heartbreaking scenes a lot.

So your book is a kind of love triangle, one with a memory issue… what inspired you to write about this?

RECLAIMED was born out of two separate dreams about a year apart. I don’t want to tell you the dreams and give something away, but the first dream only gave me a vague idea of what I wanted to write about. The second dream showed me how. I still let it sit and percolate for several months before I wrote the first word.

Reclaimed is categorized as the Contemporary genre. What made you decide to write in this genre?

I didn’t actively decide to write in this genre. My characters came to me first, and their story was a contemporary one. I read many different genres, and the story I’m currently writing can’t be classified as strictly contemporary. For me, it’s all about the characters and how they need their story told.

So is there any inside information or sneak-peaks that you can give us?

There is a reference to Tombstone, one of my favorite movies, in the book.
There are kissing scenes.
One scene made my editor cry.

And finally what can we expect from you in the future after Reclaimed?

I’m currently working on revisions for a story that I have spent the summer researching. It alternates between past and present, and I’m very excited about what it’s going to look like when I get through cutting it apart and piecing it back together.

Getting to Know You – Quick Fire Round

Contemporary or Paranormal? Contemporary
Sci-Fi or Dystopia? Dystopia
Hardcopy or E-Book? Hardcopy
Bookmark or Dog-Ear? Bookmark! (Don’t hurt the books!)
Book or Movie? Book
Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
Summer or Winter? Winter (Though I live in Louisiana, where we only have HOT and NOT SO HOT.)
Ice-Cream or Cake? Cake
Coffee or Tea? Coffee
Nice guy or bad boy? In real life, always the nice guy.

Thank you so much for being here on K-Books with us today and I hope you’ll join me again to talk closer than the release date.

Isn't she just awesome?
I adore her! And she is seriously the sweetest person ever!








3 comments:

  1. Great spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one. Great spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah!!! Have been dying to read RECLAIMED since I saw the cover. Have been dying-times-two since i had the pleasure of meeting you! Added bonus-- the editors are so excited about this book. :-) Great interview, Kayleigh! - J

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment