Wednesday, August 28

Early Review: Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles #1)

Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles #1)
Sophie Jordan

Published By: William Morrow Publishing
Publication Date: November 8, 2013
Date Read: August 26, 2013
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: ARC from Sophie Jordan
Format: Paperback
Pages: 320
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
Before she goes after the life she’s always wanted, she’s about to find the one she needs.

Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…

"You're not any other girl to me. And I think you know that."
 
OH. MY. GOD!
There are seriously no words to explain the extent of just how much I adored this book. I have been a humongous fan of Sophie Jordan ever since I picked up her YA series Firelight and so when I heard that she was writing a NA Contemp I actually squealed. I was so damn excited and I just knew that it was going to be amazing. Imagine my excitement when after emailing Sophie my interest in the Foreplay ARCs that she has spare from a signing and I got an email saying I was getting one. I seriously never imagined I would with my living overseas and everything. When it actually got here I almost cried. Foreplay met all my expectations and flew way above. It was everything I could have imagined and more. I loved every single second of it.

Pepper has been in love with her best friends brother, Hunter, since forever. So when he breaks up with his long term girlfriend this could be Pepper's only chance to get the guy she has wanted forever. But Pepper is inexperienced in... well... everything. She has kissed exactly one guy. She can't flirt and goes bright red at everything. Enter Reece. He is drop dead gorgeous, experienced, a player... everything Pepper wants to show her the ropes. But Reece is nothing like she expected. He makes her heart race just looking at her and her blood runs hotter when she is with him than when she has been near anybody. Pepper is looking for the life she wants... but will she recognise the ones that she needs?

Sophie Jordan is officially becoming one of my favourite authors of all time. I adore her. Her writing style is addictive and right from the first page I literally could not put this book down. I ended up reading it in one sitting in the space of a few hours. If you're going to read Foreplay make sure that you have nothing planned for that day as it will just consume you and you won't be able to do anything but read and read and read until you have finished. Sophie Jordan has well and truly proved that is doesn't matter what age group she is writing for nor which genre she can do it all and she can do so at a phenomenal standard. She is amazing!

Pepper is such an awesome character. I genuinely loved her to pieced. I loved having a heroine that was inexperienced and was a virgin and had only kissed one guy. There are so many books out there where the characters are having sex since they were kids and as much as yes it does happen in our society now it's not the case with all kids so to see a character who was saving herself for when she was in love. I think that just made Pepper special and I loved that.

Reece... well helllllooooo Reece. Right from the moment he appeared I was taken and in love. Who can resist a sweet, yummy bartender? I loved everything about Reece. I loved seeing the smexy side of him that we saw with Pepper and in certain 'lessons' *wink wink* but I just adored seeing that underneath he was the most amazing sweet and king guy who just wanted to make sure everyine was looked after. He is basically the perfect guy... and did I mention he was tattooed... excuse me while I wipe the puddle my organs have become up off the floor!

Foreplay was everything I imagined and more. It was sweet, sexy, funny and heartwrenching. As with a lot of NA Contemporary novels both our characters have troubles pasts and I loved delving into them and seeing them eventually heal from them. Foreplay definitely tugged at my heart strings and I was just so in love with the characters and storyline that I literally couldn't put it down. I have so much love for this book that I just want to hug it to my chest and rock back and forth for a while. It has struck me with a major case of the warm and fuzzies.

Foreplay was perfect in every way. From the perfect characters that you just can't help but love, even the secondary characters (I'm hoping Emerson gets her own book soon), to the perfect storyline and love story. It was incredible and I cannot praise this book enough. Foreplay will have you giggling one moment and drooling the next. If you're looking for a book that will draw you in and take you over for the whole day while you devour it and leave you feeling all warm and fluffy inside then this book is for you. I fell in love and I am keeping this book with me forever. It was utter perfection!

"I love you. I'm fucking IN love with you, but it's all or nothing."

 

2 comments:

  1. I just got this one after reading Val's review! I'm excited to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love this book! Totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment