Monday, August 12

Blog Tour: Hover (The Taking #2)


Hey Guys,
I am so beyond excited to be a part of the blog tour for the amazing sequel in the phenomenal 'The Taking' series by Melissa West.
If you don't know I am a massive... MASSIVE fan of Melissa West and Gravity was one of my favourite books of 2012... and I know that Hover will be on the list of my favourites of 2013. Why? Because I am lucky enough to have already read it and let me tell you it is heart-stoppingly PHENOMENAL!

Check it out:

Hover (The Taking #2)
Melissa West

Published By: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 13, 2013
Genre: YA - Sci-fi
 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zps3cd819f5.png

From Goodreads:
On Earth, seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander was taught to never peek, but if she hopes to survive life on her new planet, Loge, her eyes must never shut. Because Zeus will do anything to save the Ancients from their dying planet, and he has a plan.

Thousands of humans crossed over to Loge after a poisonous neurotoxin released into Earth's atmosphere, nearly killing them. They sought refuge in hopes of finding a new life, but what they became were slaves, built to wage war against their home planet. That is, unless Ari and Jackson can stop them. But on Loge, nothing is as it seems...and no one can be trusted.

I absolutely adore this series. It is definitely one of the best out there... and this comes from the person who, a few years ago, would have went Alien book? *laughs* Yeah... I don't think so! Seriously read it!

Check out my Reviews:
Gravity Review - CLICK HERE
Hover Review - CLICK HERE

Exclusive Interview with Melissa!

Hi Melissa,
Thank you so much for being here on K-Books today.

First of all let me just say how much I adore The Taking Series. Where did you get the inspiration for the series from?

I have always been a huge sci-fi fan. I love watching shows on alien theories and then trying to figure out whether they are plausible or not.

The Taking Series is one of the best alien series I have read. What made you want to write about aliens?

It’s funny because when I first completed GRAVITY and began querying I had an agent tell me that aliens weren’t saleable. This was before there were any current alien books out there. I think it freaked some out. But, for me, it’s a lot more likely that there are aliens in the world than vampires. ☺

The second installment of the series, Hover (which is epic by the way) is coming out in August. What can fans of the series expect from Hover?

You know I adore you, right? ☺ If you think about a series as an arc, the first book should setup the story, the second should be the top of the arc, and the third should be the explosive conclusion to everything. See, HOVER is not intended to provide resolution. Why would it? It’s not the conclusion of the story. It’s meant to buildup that conclusion. And I think it does it well. We see a lot of growth in Ari, in her relationship with Jackson, and we learn that there may not always be a peaceful resolution. Sometimes war is inevitable. And in The Taking Series, there is absolutely going to be a war.

How excited, or nervous are you about releasing Hover into the world?

I’m always nervous. I could edit forever. I end up turning the book loose to my editor and then forcing myself to never look at it again. There are always things I would like to change, fix, etc. But at some point, you have to let go. I just pray that readers who are fans of the series see HOVER for what it is—a buildup to the finale. HOVER has gotten some amazing reviews already—including one from you—so I think she will be fine. ☺

What else can we expect from The Taking series in the future?

COLLIDE will be the most intense, action-packed, and emotional of the three. It is the war, and its outcome changes all of the characters, for better or worse. I am also in talks with my editor about writing a “before GRAVITY” story that details how Jackson’s father and President Cartier got together. I think it will be fun.

I can’t wait to read more of Jackson… err… I mean of the series. Yeah the series. Is there any sneak peaks that you can give us?

This is one of my favorite scenes. It’s so Ari.

His body tenses and he whips around, rage in his eyes. “You don’t understand, okay? You don’t know what I went through every single day that I couldn’t tell you. You don’t know how badly I wished everything were different. It isn’t like—”
“What? Isn’t like you lied intentionally? Does that even matter?” My own anger takes over. “I put everything on the line for you, gave you my complete trust. Why couldn’t you do the same for me? This isn’t as simple as you lying. You didn’t trust me enough to tell me. And maybe you were right because there’s a pretty good chance I would have shot you the moment you said you were Zeus’s grandson!” The words come out so fast I can hardly register what I said, or that it’s how I truly feel.

Thank you so much for being here today.

Thanks for having me, Kay!! ☺

Pre-Order Hover TODAY


Connect With Melissa:


Melissa lives in a tiny suburb of Atlanta, GA with her husband and daughters. She pretends to like yoga, actually likes shoes, and could not live without coffee. Her writing heroes include greats like Jane Austen and Madeleine L'Engle.

She holds a B.A. in Communication Studies and an M.S. in Graphic Communication, both from Clemson University. Yeah, her blood runs orange.

GRAVITY is her first novel.


GIVEAWAY TIME!

A giveaway basket with a signed copy of H, a $20 Amazon GC, T-shirt, and other goodies!





Don't Forget To Follow The Rest of The Tour!

8/12/2013- K-Books- Interview YOU ARE HERE!
8/13/2013- Bookish Things & more- Review
8/14/2013- Chocolate Coated Reviews- Guest Post
8/15/2013- Library of a Book Witch- Guest Post
8/16/2013- Step Into Fiction- Interview
8/19/2013- Book Sniffers Anonymous- Review
8/20/2013- Chapter by Chapter- Review
8/21/2013- The Book Hookup- Character Interview
8/22/2013- Jenuine Cupcakes- Guest Post
8/23/2013- The Book Goddess- Review



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the giveaway! :) HOVER was an amazing read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the book release!! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent interview. Reading this one right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment