Friday, August 23

Author Interview: Paige Toon

Hey Guys,
So there are no words to explain just how incredible over excited I am that I am writing this post right now.

Let me take you back a few years... probably oh about 6 or so years. I wasn't a big reader. I enjoyed to read but I would read about one book a year or something like that. Then while browsing in Waterstones I came across this book called Lucy in the Sky. I had never heard of the book but I loved the cover and thought it sounded really great so I picked it up... and read it in a space of 3 hours. I could not put it down. And an obsession was born. I became an avid reader since reading that book so it will always be a favourite of mine.

So you want to thank somebody for me being here today? Thank Paige Toon. The author who made me fall in love with reading which a few years later sparked me starting this blog!

And now she is here for an exclusive interview about her upcoming YA series. I am so beyond excited for her YA series. Paige Toon is one of my literary heroes, I adore her and to see a favourite author coming into the YA world makes me so excited. Two favourites coming together are the ingredients for awesomeness.

Introducing Paige Toon:

 Paige Toon was born in 1975 and grew up between England, Australia and America. A philosophy graduate, she worked at teen, film and women’s magazines, before ending up at Heat magazine as Reviews Editor. Paige is married, has two small children and lives in Cambridge.






Exclusive Interview with Paige Toon:


Hi Paige,
Thanks so much for joining us on K-Books today.

So for those readers who don’t know you, tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m the Sunday Times bestselling author of eight books, including one ebook short story. My latest book, The Longest Holiday, is currently Amazon’s second highest rated fiction book of the year.


You have a YA series starting next year which is a kind of spin-off from Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine. Out of all of your novels why did you decide to focus on the storyline of Johnny and Meg?
It’s weird, Johnny Be Good is my least bestselling novel, but it’s possibly the one that the majority of my readers are most obsessed by. They called for a sequel in Baby Be Mine, and I had the idea for a story about Johnny’s illegitimate daughter whilst I was writing that. I thought I’d write it in a few years and have her be in her twenties, but then a fellow author, Ali Harris, suggested I try my hand at YA, and it occurred to me that I could tell Johnny’s teenage daughter’s story now. Johnny is only in his thirties, so the timings – of him fathering a child – had to work out.


I cannot wait to read the YA series. Any series name/title you can share with us yet?
I’ve had some brilliant suggestions from readers for the title, but my publisher is still undecided, so I can’t tell you any more for now. One of my readers’ suggestions, Johnny’s Girl, I nicked for the ebook short story which will bridge the gap between Baby Be Mine and the YA series. It’s told from Meg’s point of view, when she finds out about Johnny’s daughter, Jessie.

So tell us a bit about the main character Jessie.
Her mother died six months ago on her fifteenth birthday. She’s, understandably, going through a really tough time at the moment and is rebelling against her stepfather. He decides to tell her the truth about her real father’s identity. It’s a secret Jessie thought her mum had taken with her to the grave, so her whole world is tipped upside down when she finds out her dad is a world-famous rock star and her mother was one of his first groupies.


Did you have a favourite character that you preferred writing than others?
I’ve loved writing each and every one of my characters, so this is very hard to choose. Lucy was my first, and she’ll always have a special place in my heart. I also adored every minute of writing One Perfect Summer, so Alice would be right up there, too.


So for those who haven’t read your work before, what can they expect from the new YA series?
I want my readers to feel like they’re walking in Jessie’s shoes, experiencing every emotion that she’s feeling: the heartache, the excitement, the falling in love with a bad boy. My style is the same in this as it is in my adult books, but Jessie is probably my naughtiest heroine so far – I loved writing from her perspective.

For readers out there who haven’t read Johnny be Good/Baby Be Mine are they a necessity to understand the goings on of the new series?
Definitely not. This is a new story about an ordinary girl who finds herself in extraordinary circumstances. I hope my current readers enjoy reading about Jessie, even though she is Johnny’s daughter, and not his partner, as Meg is.


And finally, other that the YA series, what else can we expect to see from you in the near future?
My ebook short story, Johnny’s Girl, will be out in November, the YA series about Jessie will be out in January 2014, and in April 2014 you can expect my new chick lit book, Thirteen Weddings, which is about a wedding photographer who falls in love with a groom. See www.paigetoon.com for all the details!

Thank you so much for being here


Now trust me, even though Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine aren't necessary to read you should definitely read them. They are phenomenal and now is a perfect time to read them. Prepare for the new YA series...

**The e-books are currently on sale... so go get them NOW

Johnny Be Good:


Baby Be Mine:


Check Out My Reviews of Paige's Previous Novels:

Click on Covers to be taken to Reviews





1 comments:

  1. Awesome interview Kayleigh! I'm embarrassed to admit I have not read any of Paige's novels!! I'm definitely going to pick up one soon now though! (:

    Haley @ YA-Aholic

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment