Wednesday, July 3

Early Review: Frigid (Frigid #1)

Frigid (Frigid #1)
J. Lynn

Published By: Spencer Hill Contemporary
Publication Date: July 30, 2013 (EBook) November 5, 2013 (Paperback)
Date Read: July 2, 2013
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Gifted ARC from Blogger Friend
Format: Paperback
Pages: 240
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16122034-frigid
From Goodreads:
For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.
"If you want a woman with a tight little kitty, then find one with itty bitty titties."

Oh. My. God!
There are literally no words to explain the epicness of this book.
As soon as I heard that JLA was writing a New Adult Contemporary Romance I was so beyond excited to read it. JLA is without a doubt my favourite author of all time. I just adore her and everything she writes I tend to obsess over. Add this to the fact that I am so in love with NA contemporary novels right now I just knew this book was going to be amazing. I wasn't wrong. Frigid wasn't only amazing it was phenomenal. Possibly Jennifer's best and most addictive novel yet.

Sydney has been in love with her best friend Kyler since forever. Ever since they first met as children Sydney has loved him. The problem? Kyler is a player. He goes through girls super quick and has no idea how Sydney feels. But when they are snowed in together sparks fly. Can they resist the growing attraction between each other? If they give in will it destroy their friendship forever? These are questions they must consider but when someone out there is stalking them the most important thing they must figure out is will they get out of this alive?

Jennifer L Armentrout has done it again. I know I say this all the time but OMG she is seriously like a writing god or something! I seriously just am in complete awe of her. Just when I thought I had seen Jen's insane writing talent at its best she whips out another completely addictive novel. Her writing style is phenomenal and one that for me nobody else can compare to. I speed through JLA books like a drug addict getting their fix... and once it is over I need more. JLA Books are my drug! The one thing I literally cannot live without! Frigid was unputdownable and I literally could not turn the pages fast enough.

Sydney is possibly the best heroine JLA has written yet. I have loved every single one of her characters. They are all super strong independent kick-ass heroines but Sydney. Sydney is just epically awesome in a different way. She is so strong to be able to sit through all the guys Kyler goes through and still love him but man she is just hilarious! There were many times where I literally sat and just laughed out loud and it was all because of Sydney. She is awesome in a great realistic way. She is the person I wish I was real so she could be my best friend! I adore her!

Kyler... Oh. My. Holy. Hawtness!
I do believe Kyler has officially taken the top spot as my number one book boyfriend. Okay yeah he's kind of a man-whore but he's pretty perfect! He's perfect because he's not perfect! He's the realistic character that could be someone you know in your life. He's an ass sometimes, he makes mistakes but deep down he is a sweet guy who just wants to do right by his friends and family. I am completely one hundred percent head over heels in love with him! I see Kyler as the perfect mix of Daemon (Lux Series) and Aiden (Covenant Series). He has that irrisistable bad boy persona and charm but then he is the most swoon-worthy good guy as well... and he plays guitar! *swoon* LOVE HIM!

Frigid is without a doubt the best book I think I ever read and has taken the top spot. It's officially my favourite book of all time. One thing I love about this book is that it's a NA contemp but there is none of the traumatic past that characters in NA often have. It makes it sweeter and cuter and just down right more sexier to see this relationship develop without having the traumatic psychological states that many NA characters face. Frigid has the perfect balance of heart-melting romance, cuteness, sexiness and an air of mystery and romance. Frigid is a must read for all JLA fans and in my opinion it's her best work to date.

Jennifer L Armentrout has yet again proven that she is the best author and she can write everything. She is my literary Queen and Goddess and based on Frigid nobody is knocking her off the throne anytime yet. I fell in love with Jen with her YA Paranormal series first (Covenant and Lux) and then she proved how much of a fantastic diverse author she is when I fell in love with her Adult Contemp series (Gamble Brothers). Well her debut NA novel, Wait For You, showed just how diverse she really is and that this woman can write absolutely anything and totally excel at it! Frigid showed me that I love her NA Contemporary Novels more than any of her others. She is the Queen and I bow down to her! She is amazing and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next.

Frigid was phenomenal. A must-read! Now I need to fill the void in my heart that comes after finishing any JLA book and wait until I can get my next fix!

"I've loved you my entire life. And I would love you for the rest of my life if you'd let me."



So I never ever do Book Playlists or anything because I don't really think of songs when I'm reading but just after I had finished Frigid I was walking my dog and this song came on my iPod and I swear I went "Oh. My. God! This is the perfect song for Kyler and Sydney."
So I decided I was going to share the song with you along with my review. I love this song and some of the lyrics in the Chorus just remind me of Syd and Kyler...



Leave a comment. What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. I do want this book...Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayson Manning4 July 2013 at 10:58

    Awesome review. I'm off to download. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get this book? It's not out till november... Omg I want to read it too! You lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its release date got pushed up to July 30th.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment