Monday, April 8

Series Spotlight: Love, Tink Series

Hey Guys,
So while I was online last week I came across this cute new series on my good friend Siobhan from Totally Bookalicious' Facebook Page. The series is called Love, Tink by Elle Strauss. I had never heard of them and never heard of Elle either. I love Tinkerbell and I love books that are different interpretations of fairy tales so I instantly went and got them.

Since they are really quick reads and I was able to read Books 1-4 in one day I thought rather than making 4 different posts I would post all my reviews in one post under a Series Spotlight.

So here you go... check it out

Love, Tink (Love, Tink #1)
Elle Strauss

Publication Date: January 2, 2013
Date Read: April 8, 2013
Genre: YA - Fantasy / Fairy Tale
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17203830-love-tink
From Goodreads:
Tink is hopelessly smitten with Peter, the leader of the Lost Boys who'd mysteriously arrived at Neverland two years ago. Unfortunately, Peter is tired of the adventure and especially tired of dodging Captain Hook who is after his head. He just wants to go back to New York City and live his life as a normal fifteen year old

Tink is the only one who can help Peter return, but it breaks her heart to do it. She just wants to make him happy, so she does the unthinkable and betrays the fairy king. Now her heart is filled with remorse. Should she go after Peter? Should she follow him to his New York?

I didn't really know what to expect when I picked up Love, Tink. I had seen it on my good friend Siobhan's Totally Bookalicius' Facebook page and I just thought that they looked really cute and like something I would like. I was so pleasently surprised by Love, Tink and found that I really love this novella. It's short and cute and perfect for people who want a nice light read who don't really have a whole lot of time to sit and read a whole length novel.

Tink is head-over-heels completely in love with Peter. The boy who mysteriously turned up in Neverland two years ago and who leads The Lost Boys. All Tink wants is for them to be together, but Peter is sick of Neverland... he is sick of never growing older. He doesn't want to be a 13-year-old boy forever... he wants to go home and dreams of his New York City. Can Tink betray her Kingdom and help Peter to escape Neverland when she wants to do anything but?

I really enjoyed this. It helps that I am such a huge Tinkerbell fan. I adore her and I own so many damn things with Tinkerbell on. So as soon as I read the title of this series I instantly wanted to read it and I was not disappointed. Tink is so awesome and of course she is my favourite character, I am so rooting for Tink and Peter. The other thing is that I love the other characters just as much. I love Jangle, Tink's fairy friend and I naturally hate Captain Hook. I absolutely adored seeing these classic characters that everybody knows in a different light and following their story not knowing where it's going to go.

Elle's writing style is so fantastic and I will so be buying her other books as I just fell in love with her storytelling. It is so fantastic and Love, Tink is a great start to what is looking to be a great series.



New York, New York (Love, Tink #2)
Elle Strauss

Publication Date: February 1, 2013
Date Read: April 7, 2013
Genre: YA - Fantasy / Fairy Tale
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17338546-new-york-new-york
From Goodreads
In Episode Two, Tink makes it to Peter's New York and is more than a little daunted by what she discovers. Under the guise of Belle Fehr, Tink registers at the school Peter attends. Her dreamy reunion is crushed when she finds that not only does he not recognize her, he has a girlfriend named Wendy!

Tinkerbell is distraught to lose Peter. Ever since she helped Peter escape from Neverland she has been completely miserable. After much deliberation Tink decides to go after him to His New York City. What Tink doesn't count on is that New York City is a scarey, loud horrible place compared to Neverland and all she wants is to find Peter and get back to Neverland. But things don't go to plan when she discovers that not only does Peter not recognise her but he also has a new girlfriend Wendy.

I love love loved this installment. I really loved seeing how Wendy comes into it and being from Tink's point of view you really kind of hate Wendy. Or at least I did. I am completely rooting for Tink and Peter to work out that to me Wendy is just in the way who needs to just go!

One thing I adored about this installment was getting to see Tink's reaction to New York City and how she doesn't know what cars or anything is and it made it really funny to see the human's reaction to Tink. This installment was very cleaverly thought out and I loved every moment of it.

Elle's writing once again completely hooked me and left me reeling dying to read the next installment of Tink and Peter's journey. This series is so addictive and if you love light fun reads that will only take about half an hour to read then you must pick up this series it is so cute.



Love Stinks (Love, Tink #3)
Elle Strauss

Publication Date: February 26, 2013
Date Read: April 7, 2013
Genre: YA - Fantasy / Fairy Tale
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17411871-love-stinks
From Goodreads:
LOVE STINKS, the third episode in the Love, Tink novella series finds Tinkerbell enrolled in a New York City school as Belle Fehr.

Peter Panelli finally notices her, but not in the way she would like. Wendy has her claws in deep and Peter appears devoted to her.

Should “Belle” give up and go back to Neverland? How exactly is she to do that?

And what is with that man she spotted in Central Park who looks suspiciously like Captain Hook?

Tinkerbell has enrolled in Peter's school and is distraught to find that he has a girlfriend. The horrible Wendy who is just horrible to Tink. When Peter notices her it is not in the way Tink hoped but rather as the girl who is being horrible to his girlfriend. Should Tink just give up and go back to Neverland to nurse her broken heart? Tink doesn't know how to get there and she is ready to give up when she sees a man who looks suspiciously like Captain Hook... Could he have followed her there? How and what does he want?

Another fantastic installment of the Love, Tink series and I really loved it. I feel like the more I read the more addicted to this novella series I am becoming. I was so emotionally invested in this one. I desperately wanted to just give Tink a push and tell her to keep going and don't give up. I love Tink. She is awesome and the more I read the more I love her but in this one she was a little whiny with her broken heart. I kind of wanted to slap some sense into her.

Each time I read one of these novellas I can't put them down until I have finished. They are cute and addictive and as per usual I was left going... so when is the next one out... I need it! This series it definitely worth the read. I really enjoyed Love Stinks and I can't wait to read the next installment.



Peter Panelli (Love, Tink #4)
Elle Strauss

Publication Date: April 7, 2013
Date Read: April 7, 2013
Genre: YA - Fantasy / Fairy Tale
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17696607-peter-panelli
From Goodreads:
Peter’s back in New York. He’s grown used to his new, older body, his mom’s inquisitiveness and the fact that his father still lives in London. He has his girlfriend, Wendy. She’s safe, easy-going, reliable. And she doesn’t know what happened to him the two years he was gone.
No one does.

Then the new girl, Belle, arrives and shakes everything up. Wendy doesn’t like her, and weird things happen when she’s around. Plus, she’s cute and she’s intent on getting Peter’s attention.
She gets it.

Belle’s true identity is revealed and now they’re both in trouble. Hook’s in town and he’s after them. Peter has something that he wants and if he delivers it, Hook promises to leave them alone.
If only it were so easy

Peter was so happy to escape from Neverland and be back with his family. After finding out the true identity of the new girl Belle, Peter is relieved to have someone who knows what happened to him in the two years that he was missing. But then that becomes the least of his worried when they find that Hook is in town. Peter and Tink are both in danger... can they both escape it unscathed?

Peter Panelli is without a doubt my favourite installment of the Love, Tink Series. I found it very refreshing for it to be told from Peter's POV rather than Tink's. I loved seeing his point of view on what had happened and was happening to him since coming back from Neverland.

Love, Tink is a fantastic series and perfect for any fans of fairy tale retellings and Peter Pan. I would suggest this series to anyone as it is fantastic and definitely worth the read. It's perfect for all ages, especially those with hectic schedules as they each episode can be read in a lunch break or something like that. This series is definitey not to be missed out on!



2 comments:

  1. I heart you, Kayleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are enjoying them!! I love the series, perfect for filling the time when I'm working or when i dont have a lot of time. still to read the latest installment though.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment