Friday, April 5

Blog Tour: Night Demon (Night Series #2)





Hey Guys,
I'm super excited to be a part of the blog tour for Lisa Kessler's new installment of the Night Series, Night Demon. I have read and reviewed the first installment, Night Walker, and the novella that follows, Night Thief and loved them both. They are phenomenal and I cannot wait to get reading with Night Demon.

Night Demon (The Night Series #2)
Lisa Kessler

Published By: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: March 18, 2013

From Goodreads:
Deep within the Yucatan jungle a demon has awakened...

Gretchen Finch's job would be much easier if she weren't alone in the jungle with a brilliant recluse whose every glance sets her on fire. But the more she focuses on her work, the closer she gets to unlocking the mysteries of a terrible creature - the Night Demon - that threatens the world as she knows it. Though her scientific mind tells her it's impossible, she's beginning to believe the ancient Mayan tales as the sinister jungle comes alive around her.

Lukas Smith has spent hundreds of years searching for answers to his immortal Night Walker nature. As a series of ancient glyphs become clear, he's about to find out more than he'd ever hoped, but the more he learns, the more his fate intertwines with the Night Demon, and the harder it becomes to hide his immortal secret from the beautiful, intelligent Gretchen.

Together, they must find a way to stop the inexplicable violence and mass destruction surging across the earth before the Night Demon destroys more than just mankind.

Doesn't it sound awesome?

Now I have a very exclusive K-Books interview with the author herself...

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to K-Books, it’s so great to have you back here.
Thanks so much for having me back on your blog Kayleigh!

When did you first discover that you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always enjoyed writing, but I started writing fiction seriously about 13 years ago.

Most of your books are in the paranormal genre. Did you always want to write in this genre?
Yes. I actually started in publishing with horror short stories. The novels and paranormal romance came later.

What genre book do you enjoy reading?
I love Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy and Horror.

Do you have any authors that you look up to or that inspire you?
Yes! So many! LOL Kelley Armstrong, Patricia Briggs, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Dean Koontz and many more! J

Your book Night Demon has recently been released. What was the inspiration behind that story?
When I was writing Night Walker, I realized that the story was much bigger and this wasn’t the first time Kate had been reincarnated. I also wondered what happened to Lukas, so as soon as I finished writing Night Walker, I went on and wrote Night Demon. I had to see how it would all turn out!

Well I cannot wait to read it… I adored Night Walker and Night Thief.
Thank you!!! I’m happy to report that Calisto & Kate and Kane & Rita are all back in Night Demon too!

How do you feel about unleashing this story into the world?
Since Night Walker actually released twice, it really delayed Night Demon’s release so I started to worry that Night Demon may not be worth the LONG wait for the readers… I was SO relieved when the reader emails and facebook posts started showing up with a resounding “It was worth the wait!” Shew! LOL

Do you take any personal experiences and adapt them into your writing? 
Sometimes. Music and horses both show up in lots of my writing. I still sing professionally and I grew up on a horse ranch so those topics are both close to my heart! J

Are there any particular scenes that you enjoy writing more than others?
Hmmm… I guess maybe big black moment scenes that have been building for most of the book. I love the final showdown with the antagonist and that moment when my characters face their worst fear and are changed forever because of it…

And finally what can we expect to see from you in the future? 
I have a new series kicking off in July with Moonlight. It’s a shifter series with werewolves vs. Jaguars. I can’t wait to share it with everyone!

Getting to Know You – Quick Fire Round

Contemporary or Paranormal? – Paranormal!

Sci-Fi or Dystopia? - Dystopian

Hardcopy or E-Book? - eBook

Bookmark or Dog-Ear? – eBook! LOL

Book or Movie? - Book

Chocolate or Vanilla? - Chocolate

Summer or Winter? - Summer

Ice-Cream or Cake? – Ice Cream

Coffee or Tea? – Iced Tea

Nice guy or bad boy? – Oh I like both!

Thank you so much for being here on K-Books with us today.

Thanks for having me back Kayleigh! You were one of my first supporters for the Night Series and have my undying love and devotion! LOL

Want a giveaway?
Of course you do...

a Rafflecopter giveaway

 photo kayleigh.png

5 comments:

  1. I am a huge Lisa Kessler Fan!! I am so excited that Night Demon is here... Great interview... Have agreat weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I loved seeing a little more about the backstory to Night Demon. I'm beginning to wonder just how many times poor Kate's been reincarnated thus far! Must be tiring when you find out you! Thanks for sharing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Townsend5 April 2013 at 22:08

    Hi Lisa! Just popping in to say hello AND let you and EVERYONE know how much I love your books! This series is awesome... I really enjoy reading the background on your books too! Happy Release Tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks Linda!! :) I'm so glad you're enjoying the Night Series! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reincarnation is a strange thing because it makes sense it would happen more than once, but maybe you only retain significant parts of past lives? Anyway, I knew there was more to Kate and that little sliver of Moon in her eyes so I had to write Night Demon and let Lukas figure it out for me! LOL


    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment