Thursday, February 7

Blog Tour: Soul Avenged


Hey Guys,
I am so excited to be a part of the blog tour for Keri Lake's new novel Soul Avenged.
I am sorry to say I have been unable to read this book yet but I did get to interview the amazing Keri. First let me tell you some more about the book.


Soul Avenged (Sons of Wrath #1) 
Keri Lake

Publication Date: February 6, 2013
Genre: Adult - Paranormal Romance/Dark Urban Fantasy
 photo AddtoGoodreads.png



Blurb:
Passion is blind in vengeance and love  …
Ayden’s suburban home was invaded by a pack of Lycans.
The brutal attack is the only memory she carries of her former life.
Now, one motive burns in her soul:
KILL THEM ALL.
The Sons of Wrath—a brood of vengeance-dealing warrior demons—band with Ayden to hunt the Lycans on Detroit’s most deadly feeding grounds.
Kane Walker should’ve been her easiest kill.
Unfortunately, the newly bitten Lycan has something she wants—clues that may finally lay her past to rest.  To reach them, she must be willing to submit to the sensual pleasures awakened by his touch.
Time is running out.
In seven days, Kane will become what Ayden despises most.  She can halt his transformation but the antidote requires the ultimate sacrifice.  As the beast takes hold, Kane becomes more of a threat.
Ayden must choose between her lust for revenge, or surrender to her enemy and discover a horrible truth.
Doesn't it sound incredible? I'm so sad I haven't had time to read it yet. I cannot wait to get to it. So now please welcome the very amazing Keri to the blog. -->
Hi Keri,
Thank you so much for being on K-Books today.
When did you first discover that you wanted to be a writer?
Thanks so much for having me on the blog, Kay!
I’ve been storytelling and writing since childhood.  Being a ‘writer’ though never really crossed my mind until later in life.  I enjoyed penning short stories, poetry and flash fiction, but had never sat down to write a novel until after I was nice and cozy in my career (right out of college).
Most of your books are in the paranormal genre. Did you always want to write in this genre?
Yes, I don’t know what it is about paranormal/gothic stories that speak to me more than the non-paranormal variety.  Dark and twisted is what I do best, I think.  That’s not to say that I wouldn’t venture out and try something else, but I’m pretty comfortable in this genre.
What genre book do you enjoy reading?
Definitely paranormal romance and urban fantasy.  I’ll pick up an occasional YA but I mostly enjoy the adult romances.
Do you have any authors that you look up to or that inspire you?
My staples have always been Anne Rice and Poe.  But as paranormal romance and urban fantasy goes, I like Kresley Cole, KMM, Jeaniene Frost, Nalini Singh.
Your book Soul Avenged is due for release. What was the inspiration behind that story?
Probably a craving to write a badass female protagonist.  Haha!  I had just released Somnium and was working on the sequel, Requiem when I got smacked upside the head with Soul Avenged.  It didn’t take long for the story to dominate my thoughts and after a while, it was all about getting it onto paper as fast as I could.
How do you feel about unleashing this story into the world?
You know, I actually hadn’t planned on publishing Soul Avenged at first!  It was what I considered ‘just a distraction’ that needed some attention.  When I finished the first draft of it, I set it aside and figured maybe once all of the Halos books were published I’d revisit it.  It wasn’t until I chatted with another author friend, that I decided to edit, polish and get this thing out quicker.  I’m really excited to share Ayden’s story with readers.
Do you take any personal experiences and adapt them into your writing?
Absolutely!  I think every author sort of bleeds themselves into the story, which is what makes it such a unique experience for the reader. 
Are there any particular scenes that you enjoy writing more than others?
Actually, kissing scenes are probably the most fun to write.  I like the stomach-in-knots-uncertainty sensations leading up to it … and then of course all that follows (wink).  Action scenes can be fun too, but sometimes exhausting to keep track of flailing limbs and punching targets.
And finally what can we expect to see from you in the future?
Book 2 of Sons of Wrath is written and ready for edits.  I’ve also plotted a couple of novellas and will begin book 3 sometime this summer.  I’m also working on prepping Requiem (Halos, #2) for publication later this year.
Getting to Know You – Quick Fire Round
Hardcopy or E-Book?  Hardcopy
Bookmark or Dog-Ear?   Bookmark
Book or Movie?  Book
Chocolate or Vanilla?  Dark chocolate
Summer or Winter?  Definitely summer
Ice-Cream or Cake?  Ice cream
Coffee or Tea?  Coffee
Nice guy or bad boy?  Hahaha, in books?  Bad boy.  I’ll save the nice guys for real life.
Thank you so much for being here on K-Books with us today.
 
How awesome is she? I know... I love her too.
 
 Meet Keri Lake

Keri Lake is a married mother of two living in Michigan.  She writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy and loves a good, tragic love story.  Though novels tend to be her focus, she also writes short stories and flash fiction whenever distraction manages to suck her in to the Land of Shiny Things. When she isn’t toiling away on plots and protagonists, she enjoys reading, music and travel.  If she could create mystical powers for herself, she’d have the ability to flash to anywhere in the world.  And if she could flash to anywhere in the world at this very moment, she’d be staring at the ocean from her adirondack chair on the shores of North Carolina.  

Keri's Links:
 photo kayleigh.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment