Sunday, January 20

Review: On Dublin Street

On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street #1)
Samantha Young

Published By: Penguin Books
Publication Date: January 17, 2013
Date Read: January 2, 2013
Genre: Adult - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 414
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15760001-on-dublin-street
From Goodreads:
Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare . . .

Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well - until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street, where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core.

Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he's determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached.

But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won't be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her . . . down to the very soul.

"I feel like I'm missing something really important when you're gone. So important I don't feel like myself."

WOW! I had no idea what to expect when I first picked up this book. I won a amazon giftcard and was looking for some good Adult or New Adult Contemporary book and my sister from across the pond Tara from Tater's Tall Tales recommended this one and so I got it. I knew nothing about it except that it was a contemp. Oh. My. God! This book just blew me away. It is amazing. I was moved emotionally it is such a touching book and I also snorted and giggled all the way through. This book is just amazing.

Jocelyn has been constantly hiding from her past. Her inner demons interfere with her personal life all the time. Determined to stay on her own forever Jocelyn is terrified by the idea of 'more'. Enter Braden, he is drop-dead gorgeous, cocky and scottish. Everything no woman can resist. Terrified by what she feels Jocelyn tries to stay away but she can't deny the attraction between then. Braden has never been so attracted to someone as he is with Jocelyn. Seeing her fear of the future he proposed a deal: give in to their desire with no strings attached. It seems perfect for them both. But can they both deny their feelings? Can they keep going with no strings attached or is Braden the one person who can touch deep down in Jocelyn and win her heart?

I just utterly melt just thinking about this book. It is perfect in every way. It has sizzling hot chemistry, characters that you just utterly fall in love with and heart-stopping romance. I was completely sucked in right from the start and just could not put this book down. All of the main characters are just so real and amazing you feel like these could be the things happening to your housemates. I just got so attached to them I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen to them.

Jocelyn... Oh my heart just breaks for her. She has just been through so much crap and trauma and I totally understand her fear for the future. There were times I wanted to hit her over the head and scream at her. I mean hello this crazy gorgeous amazingly sweet scotsman wants you and you run? WTF is wrong with you girl? If you won't have him I sure will.

Oh Braden... *melts* I just feel head-over heels in lust... err... I mean love... yeah love... with Braden. He is just teh perfect guy and I just melted and swooned all the way through. I just love him. I love the sweet side we see of him as well as the cocky, I can get what I want side. Him and Jocelyn are such a great match and I loved the parts with their banter where she gives as good as she gets. Its such a 'real' relationship and I just loved every second of it.

I seriously cannot praise this book enough. Being the first of Samantha Young's books I had read I really had no idea what to expect and I was just completely blown away. Samantha's writing style is just epically amazing that sucks you in right from the first page and doesn't let you go until you have finished. She is definitely an author I will be searching out all of her other books to read when I have time. I am definitely a fan now!

If you are looking for a great contemporary read On Dublin Street is a must-read. It is definitely not to be missed out on. I loved every single second and was left reeling dying for more of thier romance. It will have your crying with laughter one moment, almost snorting you are laughing so hard and then it is so emotional and heart-wrenching the next. If you want a book with sizzling heat as well as breath-taking romance this is definitely the book for you. I would recommend On Dublin Street to everyone! A Must-Read!

"I know you love me, Jocelyn, because there's no fucking way I can be this much in love with you, and not have you feel the same. It's not possible."



 Now because I love this book so much I am offering ONE Copy of the UK Edition of On Dublin Street. I'm sorry guys this one is UK and Ireland only because of the shipping costs. There'll be an international giveaway next month so look out for that International peeps.

All you have to do to enter is fill in this form...

6 comments:

  1. Kendall McCubbin20 January 2013 at 15:57

    Thank you for the giveaway! As always I loved your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have this book from Netgalley which will have to go further to the top of my reading list after reading that review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVED this book!! Great giveaway! Would love to have a physical copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this for ages, heard great things about it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the chance Kay, I love Samantha's books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jana (The Book Goddess)21 January 2013 at 17:02

    I absolutely love the UK cover and of course this book! Can't wait for the sequel! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment