Thursday, January 31

Early Review: The Collector (Dante Walker #1)

The Collector (Dante Walker #1)
Victoria Scott

Published By: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: April 2, 2013
Date Read: January 27, 2013
Genre: YA - Paranormal / Reapers
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book
 photo AddtoGoodreads.png

From Goodreads:
He makes good girls...bad.

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big, red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days.

Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions deeply buried.
"I see the good in you, Dante. Even if you don't. I do."

There are no words to quite explain how excited I am to have read this book. I heard about it months ago while searching for new books from one of my favourite publishers Entangled Publishing. I am quite obsessed with their 'Entangled Teen' imprint and have loved so many of their books. After hearing of The Collector I instantly wanted to read it. To be put into the 'ARC Lotto' I was so excited... never did I expect to be one of the names pulled out in Round 1. After jumping up and down in excitement and squealing for well about an hour I instantly dived into The Collector... and all I can say is Oh! My! God! This book is freaking phenomenal and Dante... well.... Dante Walker can corrupt me anyday!

Dante Walker is the best of the best! He is the best damn soul collector out there and he knows it. So when he is given a 'tricky' job by Boss Man Dante thinks no problem. He has 10 days to collect Charlie Cooper's soul. But what Dante doesn't count on is Charlie being the nicest, sweetest person in the world... she may even have the power to cause Dante's long-dead heart beating. Can Dante really deliver Charlie's soul to Boss Man when he is starting to question everything he has known as a Soul Collector?

I am just completely and utterly in love with this novel. I don't know what I was expecting but this surpassed all of my expectations and more. I was completely sucked in from the first page and founf the book extremely difficult to put down until I had reached the end. Victoria Scott is one author to look out for. I just cannot believe that this is her debut novel because it is phenomenal and of such a high standard that I would expect from an author who had been publishing books for years. I was just blown away by The Collector and I think it is one of the best debut's I have ever read in my life.

Charlie is such a great lead character. She is described as someone who has been 'smacked with an ugly stick' Dante's words... not mine! I love that Charlie is not the most beautiful super-model gorgeous girl in the world. To me that makes her more realistic and it's so much easier to identify with her. None of us are perfect (well except Dante of course) and Charlie doesn't pretend to be. She is a nerd (like me) and proud of it! But she also has emotions and is hurt by the thoughts of those around her... She is not weak and is definitely not a damsel-in-distress character who will annoy you, she is strong willed... she's just human. And it makes her so likable and I think she's one of my all time favourite female characters. Yes she's not a kick-ass strong heroine but realistically how many of us are? She is human and real with real emotions and acts like any normal person would when going through what she goes through. I just adore her!

Dante... Okay *fans self* Dante is just your typical hot bad boy that no girl can resist. He is bad with a capital B and I am completely guilty of having bad boy syndrome while reading this book. I fell head-over-hees in lust... err... I mean LOVE... yeah love that's what I mean. Dante is just the epitome of bad boy and even when he was acting like an ass I still loved him and all the mean things he thought I just found hilarious. I just love him. He is the typical bad boy who you know is good deep down in there somewhere and just needs the right girl to find the good guy in him *jumps up and down* I'll be her! I'll be her! *jumps up and down*

I just loved every second of The Collector. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. The story was strong and perfect the characters were just epically amazing. It has everything, heart-warming uplifting romance, hilarious best friends, action and a heart-shattering emotion. This book will make you laugh out loud loads and also make you cry. It made me laugh, it made me cry so much I couldn't see the words and it just made me swoon so much. The Collector has everything you will ever want in a book and more. I loved every single second of it and this one is not to be missed out on under any circumstances. It was uttery perfect in every way and a must-read for everyone.
DO NOT miss out on this one, it is a must-have and you will not be disappointed!

"I love you, Charlie. I fucking love you so much."

 photo 5-star.png
 photo kayleigh.png

1 comments:

  1. Oh my God! Such a glowing review! Hard to get those out of you, K! Definitely adding this to my TBR
    your reader,
    Soma

    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment