Tuesday, January 29

Blog Tour: Reaper by LS Murphy


Hey Guys,
I am so excited to be a part of the blog tour for the new novel Reaper by L.S Murphy. I have not yet had time to read and review the book because of University but I cannot wait to read it.

Here is some info about the book.

Reaper
LS Murphy

Published By: JTaylor Publishing
Publication Date: January 7, 2013
Genre: YA - Paranormal
 photo AddtoGoodreads.png

Blurb:
There's no way sixteen year old Quincy Amarante will become the fifth grim reaper. None. Not over her shiny blue Mustang. Her Jimmy Choos. Or her dead body.

She’s supposed to enjoy her sophomore year, not learn about some freaky future Destiny says she has no choice but to fulfill.

It doesn’t take long for Quincy to realize the only way out of the game is to play along especially since Death can find her anyway, anywhere, anytime. And does.

Like when she’s reassuring her friends she wants nothing to do with former best friend Ben Moorland, who’s returned from god-knows-where, and fails. Miserably.

Instead of maintaining her coveted popularity status, Quincy’s goes down like the Titanic.

Maybe ... just maybe ... that’s okay.

It seems, perhaps, becoming a grim reaper isn’t just about the dead but more about a much needed shift in Quincy’s priorities—from who she thinks she wants to be to who she really is.

Doesn't it sound awesome? It sounds like something I would really love so I can't wait to read this one.

Now I am so excited to welcome the author to the blog to talk to us about Reaper. Welcome LS Murphy.

-->
Hi L.S
Thanks for joining us on K-Books today
Thanks for having me and being a part of the Reaper Blog Tour.

When did you first discover that you wanted to be a writer?
Really, it all started in eighth grade when my English teacher had us read “Harrison Bergeron” by Kurt Vonnegut. I fell in love with the idea of writing something so haunting that made me think about the way the world really works.

Your book Reaper is in the paranormal genre. Did you always want to write in this genre?
No, I thought I’d write literature like the masters  and that was what I read a lot of as a teen. I didn’t discover a love of YA and paranormal until college.

What genre book do you enjoy reading?
As long as a book hooks me, I’ll read any type of fiction. Most of what I read is young adult these days since that is what my focus is.

Do you have any authors that you look up to or that inspire you?
There are so many. J I love Jane Austen and Kurt Vonnegut, of course. As for more modern authors, I love Richelle Mead, Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Libba Bray.

Your book ___ has been released. What was the inspiration behind that story?
Reaper was inspired by a “What if” question. What if Miss Popular learned it was her destiny to become a grim reaper? How would she react to that?

How do you feel about unleashing this story into the world?
Nervous. LOL. You want everyone to love it, and to go on this journey with you and your characters, but not everybody likes the same thing. It’s nerve wracking. 

Do you take any personal experiences and adapt them into your writing?
For Reaper, no.

Are there any particular scenes that you enjoy writing more than others?
There’s a scene at a party that I enjoyed quite a lot.

And finally what can we expect to see from you in the future?
In June, I signed with literary agent Julia Weber with a YA contemporary novel about a seventeen-year-old girl who sneaks onto a boy’s summer baseball team without her famous father’s knowledge.

Getting to Know You – Quick Fire Round

Hardcopy or E-Book? Both
Bookmark or Dog-Ear? Bookmark!!!!
Book or Movie? Book
Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
Summer or Winter? Winter
Ice-Cream or Cake? Frozen Yogurt
Coffee or Tea?  Coffee and Tea, although more coffee.
Nice guy or bad boy? Nice guy with a bad streak. J

Thank you so much for being here on K-Books with us today.
Thanks so much for having me.


Author Bio: 
L.S. Murphy lives in the Greater St. Louis area where she watches Cardinals baseball, reads every book she can find, and weaves tales for teens and adults. When not doing all of the above, she tends to The Bean (aka her daughter), her husband and a menagerie of pets. “A Reason to Stay”, a contemporary romance novella, is available as of November 2, 2012. Reaper is her debut young adult novel and will be released on January 7th, 2013.
She is a co-rep for the Southern Illinois region of Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) and a member of the St. Louis Writer’s Guild.
Links:
 photo kayleigh.png

2 comments:

  1. Great interview!!! I loved this book! I need to get a copy in print! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timeless European-inspired architecture marry contempo
    design and amenities offers its resident a truly alluring abode to call home.

    the interlace condo *theinterlacecondo.sg*

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment