Tuesday, December 25

Top 10 of 2012... Best Covers of 2012


Hey guys,
It's day two of Top 10 of 2012 and today we are looking at covers. This was so freaking hard. There have been so many books out this year with absolutely gorgeous covers.
Here are the ten I love the most.

10. The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass

This is the UK cover of The Selection. It's pretty similar to the US edition but I just love the pink in the background on this cover.
I think this cover is just absolutely stunning and I adore how it really matches the story as well. I loved this book and it's a great unique dystopia book with a girly twist. I love how they are all in beautiful dresses. The best part of the dresses for me is that the girls in the book actually do wear ball gowns in the book so it's not just been put on the cover for the sake of having a pretty dress on the cover. I love the pink in the background on the UK cover as I just love how it makes the cover look more girly and to me this is a very girly book. It's like The Hunger Games but with dating so it's a very heavy love story and a very girly book so I love how this cover really shows that.

9. Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) by Katie McGarry

I love love love this cover. This cover to me is just absolutely gorgeous. I loved Pushing the Limits and it is without a doubt my favourite contemporary book of all time. I loved every moment of it. This cover I think is better than the UK cover as I don't like the models on the UK edition. This one however is exactly how I pictured Echo and Noah.
My favourite thing about the US Hardback Edition cover is that when you take off the dust jacket you still have this cover stretched across the front and back cover. It's unique and gorgeous and to me the cover is just perfect for the story. I love it and I love absolutely everything about the book. This cover is definitely one of my favourites.

8. All The Broken Pieces by Cindi Madsen

I absolutely adore this cover. I haven't read this one yet so I can't say how well it matches the story but I just think it is absolutely beautiful.
From the title and blurb I can guess that something has happened to the character that has 'broken' her and maybe it's a story about putting things back together and I love the cracked glass or mirror over the top of her face. I just think it's beautiful, unque and it's just really intriguing to me. I can't wait to read this book. I think the cover is stunning.



 7. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by SJ Maas

Ahh! Throne of Glass. This is one of those books I read this year that I totally fell in love with. I know some people aren't big fans of the UK cover but I absolutely love it. I love the depiction of the character and I love the 'bad-ass' feel to it. It really shows that she is not someone to be messed with and let's face it... she's not. She's an assassin and she's dangerous and I love that this cover really shows that part of her. I loved the book and this cover, to me at least, really depicts the feel of the story and that character. I love this cover.



6. Gravity (The Taking #1) by Melissa West

This is one of my favourite books of the year. I absolutely loved Gravity and the cover is totally what made me first wanna read it. I love the cover. It's simple yet beautiful and effective as to what the story is about. There's no doubt it's about space or aliens. I love the cover and how the earth is shown from a distance. I love everything about the cover.... even down to the font that is used. The book is even better and I can't wait to read Hover (whose cover is even better than this one).



5. Sweet Evil (Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins

Now do I really need to explain why I love this cover? It's freaking stunning. I absolutely love this book and the cover is completely what drew me to it.
Let's see the dress is freaking stunning, I mean really I want that dress so bad... and I don't even wear red. It's so beautiful. I love the bottom and how it swings out.
Then there is Kaidan... erm YUM? He is just gorgeous. Add to that the dark mysterious background this cover has everything you could possibly want in a cover. The background really drew me in the most and made me want to read the book and find out why it looked to creepy. I adore this book and I adore the cover.

4. Cursed by Jennifer L Armentrout

You had to have known that this book would be in here somewhere right? I freaking love this cover. This was actually in my top 10 covers last year (I did my own post and did covers that were only revealed in 2011). I just love the cover and this was the first cover of Jen's I saw and wanted to read. It's just gorgeous. I love everything about it. I love the girl, I love that she has red hair... mainly coz I have red hair and I can totally pretend it's me. LOL! I love that she is lying on the ground and the font Spencer Hill used is just awesome. I love it! This book is phenomenal too and you should read it. The cover is just as awesome as the book and that is why I love it.

3. Scent of Magic (Healer #2) by Maria V Snyder

Let me start out by saying before I saw this cover I had only read one MVS book which was Poison Study and the others just sat there for ages unread... this cover made me go back to MVS books and start to read them. This is the UK edition of Scent of Magic and I recieved a copy from the publisher for a review. I have yet to read it but oh. my. god. It's freaking stunning. I think I may have gasped, said "my preeeeety" drooled and started stroking the book when I saw the cover. I just love it. It's so freaking beautiful. I cannot wait to start reading this one. I will be reading it very very soon.


2. Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L Armentrout

Ahh Covenant series. To me this series has some of the best covers ever and Deity is definitely my favourite. The others in the series are amazing but all consist on just the flower. I love that this one has more to it. You have the arm and you have one of the marks of the apollyon on the arm. It's very important for what happens in the story and I freaking love it.
Okay... you got me... it's totally my favourite because I have a tattoo of that rune and I can totally point to the cover and go look... look... that's my tattoo.
I adore the cover and I just love this book. It's my favourite read of 2012. I just love this series and the covers are amazing.

1. Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L Armentrout

AHHH! Opal! This was also my favourite read of 2012... I know... I know I put it as number 2 yesterday but I seriously couldn't choose. It took absolutely forever to decide which order. Anyway this is definitely my favourite cover of 2012. It's just stunning. I mean are Pepe and Sztella not the more attractive couple you have ever seen in your life? I mean they are gorgeous!
BUT... they are not my favourite part of the cover. You wanna know my favourite part? THERE'S A ARUM IN THE BACKGROUND.... RUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
I love that there's a creepy little Arum in the background watching them! It's so freaking cool! I love love love this cover and it's just as phenomenal as the book is. 



So that's it guys... those are my Top 10 Covers of 2012. Is there any you think I should have included that I didn't?
Let me know in a comment and leave me the links of yours so I can check them out.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I was recommended this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You're amazing!
    Thanks!
    Also see my web page: http://propertyinturkeyforsale.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the Broken Pieces is a really interesting cover. I'll have to check out that book! And Opal is yummy ;) (I still haven't started that series...I know, bad me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choices!


    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I like JLA's covers too. :) And Sweet Evil made my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some awesome covers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some beautiful covers here.

    My Top 10 Cover: http://coffeecookiesandchilipeppers.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-10-of-2012-best-covers-of-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to share information,this is very very nice i like it to information
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-herbal-radang-lambung/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-penurun-asam-lambung/
    http://robiherbal.com/cara-alami-menurunkan-darah-tinggi/
    http://robiherbal.com/pengobatan-tradisional-penyakit-liver/
    http://robiherbal.com/pengobatan-tradisional-batu-empedu/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-herbal-pengecil-perut-buncit/
    http://robiherbal.com/pengobatan-tradisional-ejakulasi-dini/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-tradisional-diabetes-insipidus/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-tradisional-hipertensi-mujarab/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-penghancur-batu-ginjal-yang-alami/

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment