Monday, December 24

Top 10 of 2012... Best Books I've Read This Year


Hey Guys,
So 2012 is almost over. How the heck did that happen? This year has gone by so freaking fast it's unreal... on the bright side I'm closer to graduating for good which means the back end of 2013 I'll have more time to blog *insert happy dance here*
Well here we are.... the worst part of the year for me... no not because of expenses with Christmas because I have to actually look back and narrow down my favourite books to 10. Only 10... that is like crazy impossible... do you know how many awesome books I read this year?

Anyway here are my Top 10 Books of 2012... Counting down from 10.

10. The Star Dwellers (Dwellers #2) by David Estes

This year was such an awesome year for me as I became a beta reader and the first book I beta'd was The Moon Dwellers (Dwellers #1) by David Estes. I loved it and loved being a beta reader and I just want to thank you David for taking a chance on a beginner beta. I love beta'ing for David and I love his Dweller series. I read and loved the whole Dwellers series (books 1, 2 and 3) and I struggled to choose one of them for my Top 10 but The Star Dwellers was definitely my favourite of the series and I just love this series. This series is a YA Dystopia and it's so unique and incredible. I really really love it and I am beta'ing a spin-off for this series now and you guys want to add this series and the spin-off series to your TBR right now because it is absolutely incredible. This is one of my favourite dystopia series ever. I love it.

 9. Eden-West (Eden #2) by Janelle Stalder

Last year a good friend of mine Janelle Stalder asked me to read her book Eden and after putting it off for ages (sorry Janelle I had loads on my TBR) I finally picked it up and I was totally blown away by it. The Eden Series is a fantastic Epic Fantasy series and I just love the world, the characters absolutely everything. Eden-West, book 2, was even better than the first one. There are new characters in this one and I just loved meeting them as well as seeing my old favourites *cough* WOLF *cough*.
I absolutely love this series and it is one of my all time favourites. I never really liked High/Epic Fantasy until I read this series and it started my love for that genre. I have been lucky enough to beta the third book in this series and it's even better. I would recommend this series to everyone. It's amazing and everyone should definitely read this series!

8. ReVamped (Angel Creek #1) by Ada Adams

This year I became good friends with Keren from Gothic Book Angel Reviews and she was doing this little book-share thing called the ReVamped Relay which involved a group getting ReVamped to read and review. Well after looking at that cover I jumped at the chance to read it. I was not disappointed. I love this book. As much as I feel that Vampires have been done a bit too much this is not the case with Angel Creek. This is such a unique vamp series and I loved every moment of it. I have read ReAwakened the second book in the Angel Creek series and I just loved it so much so I am totally cheating here and having book one and book 2 in the series just taking up the same space so I can fit more books in. Both were amazing and my favourites and I can't wait to read book 3. If you haven't read this series you need to add it to you TBR now!

7. The One (The Portal Trilogy #1) by Heather Self

AHH The One. *Insert Squaal Here* There are no words to explain just how much I love love love this book. I have been friends with Heather for quite a while... I mean come on she is awesome and I had no freaking clue she was an author until I saw a post on Stuck In Books about The One where the characters were talking about Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout. That's how I found out about The One and I just instantly wanted to read it. I freaking loved this book and I am just sat here dying for the next book. Chase ARGH Chase! I am in love and this book is just worth reading just for Chase. He is just swoon-worthy and amazing. I love love love this book and I would recommend it to everyone. Keep this one in mind when you are buying books guys you definitely wanna read this one.

6. Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits is the book that totally started my Contemporary obsession this year. I have always loved Contemp books but after reading Pushing the Limits... twice I just couldn't get enough. I read this book in one sitting... both times. I just couldn't put it down.
This is the best Contemp I have ever read and it's one I will re-read over and over and over again. I absolutely loved it. Katie McGarry is now one of my all time favourite authors and I seriously cannot wait to read more from her. I am very excited for Beth's story coming next year I just know it is going to be amazing. Pushing the Limits is my favourite contemp of all time and defintiely not to be missed... under any circumstances at all. Go read it... right NOW! I loved it!

5. Gravity (The Taking #1) by Melissa West

This is one of the best books published this year in my opinion. I was lucky enough to get it for review and I was just obsessed from the first page. Gravity is dystopia plus aliens. I mean really is there anything more awesome than that? I absolutely adored every single second of it and I am left completely dying for book 2. 
I'd only ever read and enjoyed one series with aliens before this one with was JLA's Lux series but Gravity completely surprised me in a good way and blew me away. Definitely one of my all-time favourites and I've already read it twice. I can't wait to read Hover and I know it is going to be just absolutely incredible. I cannot wait.

4. Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins

This is without a doubt the best debut of the year in my opinion. I bought it without knowing anything about it other than someone had said it was good and I loved the cover. This was definitely one of those impulse buys where I read it as soon as I get it which, let me tell you, does not happen with me a lot. I buy books and they sit there on my shelf forever. Well as soon as I got this one I read it and I'm glad I did because this is freaking epic. I can't believe this is Wendy's debut because the writing is just stunning. I loved everything about this book... okay mainly Kaidan... but I liked the other things in the book too.... like.... erm... Kaidan? I'm kidding the whole book was just phenomenal. it's such a unique storyline and I couldn't put the book down and did I mention Kaidan? I did... well it's worth reading just for Kaidan. If you haven't read this you must before book 2, Sweet Peril comes out.... man I am counting down to that! 

3. Cursed by Jennifer L Armentrout

Okay can I just take a moment to squeal that I have FINALLY read Cursed. I heard about Cursed before I even knew who JLA was. Before Lux series or Covenant series was released or I'd ever heard of them I had come across Cursed on Goodreads saw the cover read the blurb and wanted to read it. Then I read Covenant and Lux loved them and was waiting very impatiently for Cursed. Well I finally read it... and it was so worth the wait. I love this book. Of course I love ever JLA book but this was so epically good. I just hope Jennifer decides to make this into a series as I would love love love to read more about there characters. If you have read and liked/loved Jennifer's Covenant and/or Lux series Cursed is so worth reading. You will not be disappointed! I love every single second of it.

2. Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L Armentrout

Okay this was without a doubt the hardest decision ever! I could not choose between this one and number one but Covenant is my favourite series of all time so I had to have a Covenant book as my number one but Opal was so freaking EPIC this is really number one as well but one had to go as number two. 
Opal was amazing, epic and heartbreaking. I couldn't put it down and it's without a doubt the best in the series so far. Jennifer L Armentrout is just a genius and her books are just phenomenal. They are definitely must reads. Lux is one of my favourite series of all time and I have re-read it a insane amount of times (over 20). I just love everything about it. Especially Daemon ;) If you haven't yet read this series you have to it's one of the best and not to be missed. Just have tissues as Jen's cliffhangers are evil.

1. Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L Armentrout

So I am totally cheating here again as this spot 1 really goes to Pure, Deity AND Elixir. Covenant is my all time favourite series and I just adore this series. I am such a big fan of mythology so when I read this series is was just perfect. Mythological series by my all time favourite author Jennifer L Armentrout was just like perfection. JLA is without a doubt a writing goddess I love everything that she writes and I always always will!
Yeah this is totally my number one because of ... AIDEN! Ahh my Aiden could he be more swoon-worthy?
I love love love him and I adored Deity. It was just epic and perfect in all ways. I read it in one sitting and I just couldn't stop gushing about it. Jennifer had like a million messages from me while I was reading Deity... well she does when I'm reading any of her books but especially Deity. It is fantastic and epic and unputdownable and in my opinion the best book of all time. I am dying to read Apollyon... especially after that cliffhanger... *evil eyes to Jen* She is sooooooo mean with her cliffhangers but I still love her! This is the best series ever and I am so excited for Apollyon and Sentinel but at the same time I never want this series to end. I love it so much. 

So there you go guys... they are my top 10 books of 2012. My very very favourites.
I read a lot of great books this year some that didn't make this list are... Tempting the Player by J. Lynn, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Everneath by Brodi Ashton and Breathe by Sarah Crossan. There are many more but other than the ones on the list those are the other 4 that really jump out at me.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite books of 2012. If you have done your own Top 10 post please leave a link in the comments and I will check them out.

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Awesome list! Pushing the Limits was amazing, one of my fave YA contemps for 2012 too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana (The Book Goddess)24 December 2012 at 10:13

    Love this list! I've read 7 of them and loved most of them! :) Deity and Opal!! Argh! Such a tough choice for number 1 LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Jana it was so hard for me to choose as they are both my favourite books but Aiden is my number one boy so it had to be Deity. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I really need to read Obsidian. The series just keeps coming up as awesome ;)

    My Top 10 of 2012 is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pushing the Limits is one of my favorites, too. Fantastic book! Here's my list: http://proudbooknerd.com/2012/12/24/top-10-of-2012-best-books/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super honored to be on that list among some AMAZINGLY talented authors. Very honored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super honored to be on that list among some AMAZINGLY talented authors. Very honored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Kay!! I'm truly honored and I'm so thankful that our paths crossed. Thanks for all the support :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list Kay! LOL, we def do share some favs in common, we're so meant to be book buddies! :)

    Vivian

    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe

    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow awesome list! I really want to read The Lux series by JLA, and I've read her Covenant series. ReVamped was a really cute book, and I won Cursed as well. I really want to read Pushing the Limits and Sweet Evil as well.
    Thanks for featuring all these awesome books!!! :)

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list, Kayleigh! I've read the awesome Jenn A- but the rest are new to me and I'm excited to read them after your excellent reviews! Greg already gave me a Barnes & Nobles gift card (he knows that's the present I want the most!!) so I'm ready to order!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great list! I love all the JLA and I love that you included Cursed! I seriously need to read Gravity soon!


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice picks girl! Top three go to JLA? No real surprise there! I gotta get this post done BUT I cannot decide.


    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love the Lux series! I'll still have to give JLA's other novels a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still need to read ReVamped, The One, and The Covenant Series!
    Really enjoyed Sweet Evil, Opal, Cursed, Gravity, and Pushing The Limits!
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you believe I haven't read your top three JLA books?? Arrgghhh I'm so sorry Kay I clearly need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Last three are JLA, SHOCKER! LOL! Just kidding. I have Gravity but haven't had a chance to read it yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, from a new GFC follower.

    A great selection: I haven’t read all of these, but quite a few are on my TBR list! :)

    My Top 10 Reads: http://coffeecookiesandchilipeppers.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-10-of-2012-best-books-read-in-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. an information that is very interesting to read, because it has a great reading the contents of all, it is important for our knowledge sanagt, thanks to share his article.

    http://robiherbal.com/cara-ampuh-mengatasi-radang-sendi/
    http://robiherbal.com/pengobatan-kram-usus-herbal/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-amandel-herbal-berkualitas/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-jantung-koroner-herbal-berkualitas/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-tradisional-gula-basah-berkualitas/
    http://robiherbal.com/obat-klep-jantung-bocor-herbal-berkualitas/
    http://robiherbal.com/cara-alami-menyebuhkan-mioma-uteri/
    http://robiherbal.com/cara-alami-menyembuhkan-cacar-air/
    http://robiherbal.com/cara-alami-menyembuhkan-bronkitis/
    http://robiherbal.com/cara-alami-menyembuhkan-maag-akut/

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment