Wednesday, October 24

Review: Tempting the Player (The Gamble Brothers #2)

Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers #2)
J. Lynn

Published By: Entangled Publishing - Brazen Imprint
Publication Date: October 23, 2012
Date Read: October 23, 2012
Genre: Adult - Contemporary Romance
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book
Photobucket
From Goodreads:
Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and that’s the last thing Chad needs.

When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad’s manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multi-million dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn’t just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.

Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn’t easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together...or in love.
"I want to be worthy of you."

Oh. My. Holy. Hawtness. There are no words to describe how incredible amazing and HAWT this book is. It is not surprise to anyone how much I adore Jennifer L Armentrout, no matter what she writes, YA or Adult, Paranormal or Contemporary I am without a doubt going to love it. And Tempting the Player was definitely no different. I absolutely adored the previous Gamble Brother book Tempting the Best Man and thought no way on earth could I love this book or Chad more than Tempting the Best Man and Chase but Jennifer has done it again. I am utterly head-over-heels in love with this book and already have read it twice so thank you Jennifer for yet another utterly phenomenal book for me to obsess over.

Chad is a player. Literally. A famous baseball player Chad is always in the limelight and he loves it. He certainly doesn't mind the number of women throwing themselves at him. He certainly has no plans of settling down, he is a player and he loves his life. But then he meets Bridget. Bridget utterly throws his world upside down. She is nothing like any other girl he has ever met and he is intrigued by her... something he has never been by a woman before. Bridget is a normal, everyday woman struggling with her bills and just trying to get by. Her life is worlds away from that of Chad Gamble. But when unfortunate circumstances throw the unlikely pair together sparks fly... They only have a month together... can they get through it while falling in lust... and maybe a little more with each other?

I love love love this book. There are no words that could ever do a JLA book justice they are just out of this world phenomenal. No other author... EVER could quite compare to Jennifer for me. She is the best author in the world and I could very easily throw out all of my other books and only keep hers and re-read them over and over again forever and be perfectly fine and happy. I just adore them this much and Tempting the Player is no different. As soon as I finished it I started reading it again. It is just phenomenal and girls there is another JLA boy for you to fall head-over-heels in love with.

Chad is such an awesome character. I mean really I thought there was no way I could ever possibly love him as much as Chase but I was so very wrong. I love him even more. He completely and utterly stole my heart right from the start of the book. Player or none he is amazing. With his smutty talk I fell head-over-heels in love and man is he hot... I mean there's hot... there's hawt... and then there's Chad. He is just.... *fans self* There are no words he is out of this world amazing and WOW!

Bridget is such an awesome character. I genuinely love her. Right from the start you are drawn into her world and she is great. I really love that she is not some stick-thin supermodel beautiful woman. She is beautiful but in a conventional normal everyday woman way and I love that. One thing I adore about Jennifer's books is that you can very much identify with her characters. None of them are unrealistic, they are just normal women like you and me and I love that. Bridget is no different. She is incredible, she's beautiful and confident but she has her softer side where she doubts herself like every woman does. I really loved following Bridget's story and it is one I can just re-read over and over again because it is so phenomenal.

I loved everything about this book, Chad and Bridget are such awesome characters and you really become emotionally invested in them so that you can't possibly stop reading until you've found out what's going to happen with them. As always Jennifer's writing style was just superb and it pulls you in right from the start and leaves you begging for more. Every single time I finish a JLA book I want another one. I want to go back and re-read every single one of them again because her writing and her characters are so incredible you just want to go back on their journey's all over again.

Jennifer is officially the queen of everything, YA, Adult, Paranormal, Mythology, Aliens and now Contemporary. There is nothing that woman cannot write that I will not obsess over and read over and over again. She is officially the queen of the literary world. *All bow down and hail the queen*
Tempting the Player is a book not to be missed. It is full of romance and Oh. My. Gawd. hotness. You will not be disappointed and it will leave you begging for more and going right back to the start to read it all over again. It is phenomenal and I am left dying to read Tempting the Bodyguard... roll on next year for Chandler's story. If I could give this a million stars I would. Jennifer's books are just in a league of their own. I need a rating just for JLA's books as nothing will ever compare to the epicness of Jennifer L Armentrout.

"From the night I first met you, I knew I was never going to meet another woman like you."

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment