Sunday, October 14

Early Review: Elixir (Covenant #3.5)

Elixir (Covenant #3.5)
Jennifer L Armentrout

Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: November 27, 2012
Date Read: October 13, 2012
Genre: YA - Mythological
Source: Review Copy from Author
Format: E-Book
Photobucket
From Goodreads:
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.
Even if it means making war against the gods.

**Note: Please read with Caution. I have tried my very best to not spoil the end of Deity but there may be little phrases that you may find to be spoiler-y.

Oh. My. Gods! There are no words to describe just how excited I am to have read this novella. It is no surprise to anyone just how much of an enormous fan of Jennifer L Armentrout I am. She is without a doubt my favourite author of all time and there is nothing she can write that I will not completely obsess over. Add to that the fact that Covenant is my favourite series of all time and I am completely and utterly head-over-heels in love with Aiden it's accurate to say I was VERY excited to read Elixir. Yes... I screamed and jumped up and down as soon as I got it.

Aiden will do anything for Alex. Even fight the Gods. So when the only way to find a way to save her and bring back the real Alex is to do the one thing he always swore he would never let happen Aiden is torn. Is he willing to break his word to save her? And if she ever gets back to normal will she be able to forgive him? Aiden is willing to do anything for her. Even if it means fighting the Gods.

Ever since I first heard of Aiden's novella I could not wait for it. I heard about Aiden's novella after I had just read Pure and although we still had book 3 in the series, Deity to come I couldn't help but be over-excited and counting down the days until I could read Elixir. Aiden is without a doubt my avoruite fictional boy EVER! He beats everyone so to get this novella from Aiden's point of view I couldn't wait. I was so excited to finally get inside that boys head and find out his thoughts and feelings about everything. Jennifer L Armentrout definitely does not disappoint with this. I read it in one sitting and stayed up all night reading as I just couldn't put it down.

There are so many twists and turns in this book I couldn't keep up. After reading Deity I was speculating what could happen in Elixir and had many theories of what was going to happen. None of them were correct I was completely blown away and gobsmacked by what happened and I was so addicted to this book and dying to find out what was going to happen I just couldn't put it down. I needed to know what was going to happen.

I thought after Deity there was no way I could love Aiden more. He is just perfect and sweet and everything any girl will fall in love with. I love Aiden so much and I thought no way could I fall even more in love with him. I was definitely wrong. I fell even more head-over-heels in love with Aiden during Elixir. He is just amazing and me heart hurt so much for him. I was in tears so many times throughout this novella. It is such a hard, emotional journey for Aiden and it is definitely heartwrnching. I loved every single second of this book and it was way too short and was over way too fast. I want more Aiden, that's for sure.

The ending totally blew me away and the last sentence in this novella literally gave me chills. I had goosebumps all over my arms and was left going *gasp* I need Apollyon NOW! I am dying to read Apollyon. I seriously cannot wait. One thing I know for sure is that Apollyon is going to be phenomenal and I now have lots of conspiracies flying around my head on what could happen in Apollyon. Elixir was without a doubt phenomenal and I think it may be my favourite book in the series, join with Deity. I absolutely loved it and I am left reeling dying to read Apollyon.

It was phenomenal and this is a must-read series for everyone. It blew me away and it was full of epic awesomeness.

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Great review. I just read this yesterday and I loved it to. I can't wait to see what happens in Apollyn.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment