Tuesday, October 9

Blog Tour: Wild Encounter by Nikki Logan

Wild Encounter by Nikki Logan width=

Hey Guys,
I am so excited to be taking part in the blog tour for Wild Encounter, the incredible book by Nikki Logan. When I heard about this book it sounded so awesome I just had to read it so I am so thankful for the amazing people over at Entangled Publishing for sending me a copy for review and having me on the blog tour.

Wild Encounter
Nikki Logan

Publisher: Entangled Publishing - Dead Sexy Imprint
Publication Date: September 9, 2012
Date Read: October 8, 2012
Genre: Romance - Suspence
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16002418-wild-encounter
From Goodreads:
A wildlife release mission in Africa turns deadly when the convoy is hijacked by smugglers, and veterinarian Clare Delaney is taken hostage. Terrified for her life and her animals, the intrepid Clare establishes a rapport with the man she believes is the criminals’ leader, and reluctantly finds herself under his protection...and falling hard for the enigmatic man.

Alpha-to-the-max Simon deVries sees right through his sexy captive’s attempt to seduce her way to freedom. So when their simmering attraction flares into true passion, it takes them both by surprise. Now he’s torn between completing his secret mission and letting her escape without telling her his true identity. He knows if he lets her go, he will be risking his career, his life...and his heart.

I didn't really know what to expect when I started this book. I read a lot of Contemporary Romance novels but I am pretty new to the Romantic Suspense genre. I was completely and utterly drew in right from the start and ended up not putting the book down until I had finished. I just couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen.

Clare Delany is a vet on a mission to transport her precious wild dogs when her mission is hijacked by smugglers. Suddenly taken hostage by these criminals Claire's life has taken a turn for the worst. But when she meets one of her captors, nick-named Alpha she starts to fall hard. Can she trust him with her life and her heart? Simon is on a secret mission when he meets Claire. She complicated everything but he finds himself feeling things for her he hasn't felt in a long time. Can he protect her and let her go without blowing his mission and if he lets her go will he ever feel this way again? Two lives collide and one thing is for certain, things will never be the same again.

I instantly fell in love with this book. Right from the first chapter I was completely sucked into the story and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen. Right from the start you are dropped in the middle of an African society in Claire's shoes and you see the story mainly from Claire's POV. My heart was totally in my mouth and I was on the edge of my seat completely speechless during the hijacking and I couldn't believe what was happening so soon in the book and I loved that. In a lot of books there is a few chapters 'introduction' but in this book you are completely dropped right into the drama and I loved that. It really captures your attention and pulls you into the story straight away.

Claire is such an amazing lead character I genuinely love her. She is amazing. She is just a normal girl doing her everyday job when she is thrown into this crazy and dangerous situation and I love her reaction to it all. She is scared but still productive trying to find a way out of the situation herself rather than waiting around for someone else to save her. I really loved that she was more concerned about the wild dogs and what had happened to them than what happened to her. It really showed how amazing she was and how it wasn't "all about her".

Simon, Oh. My. Lord. I love him! He is amazing and I fell head over heels in love with him right from the start. The bad boy with a good streak or a good guy with a dominant bad boy streak? You don't really know which one until you read more but either way he is one of the most swoon-worthy boys ever. I adore him. He is so sweet and protective and will do anything to protect Claire. He is definitely a big Alpha-male that any girl would want to protect them. He is amazing and if you don't fall in love with him then well... there's something wrong with you.

I really loved this book and I was completely sucked in right from the start and couldn't put it down until I had finished the book and found out what happened. I couldn't put it down. Wild Encounter is definitely a 'one-sitting' kind of book. I fell in love with the characters and the setting and loved every moment of it. It was fantastic. If you are a fan of romance but need some action along with it this is definitely the perfect book for you.



Nikki Logan lives amongst a string of wetlands in Western Australia with her long-suffering partner and a menagerie of furred, feathered and scaly mates.
She studied film and theatre at university, and worked for years in advertising and film distribution before finally settling down in the wildlife industry.
Her romance with nature goes way back, and she considers her life charmed, given that she works with wildlife by day and writes fiction by night–the perfect way to combine her two loves.
Nikki believes that the passion and risk of falling in love are perfectly mirrored in the danger and beauty of wild places. Every romance she writes contains an element of nature, and if readers catch a waft of rich earth or the spray of wild ocean between the pages she knows her job is done.
Twitter: @ReadNikkiLogan
Wanna win a e-copy of the book. Well just fill in the following... a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm going to download this book right away! (I'll still enter - and if I win, I'll donate it on my blog!) I love veterinarian characters... love animals... probably would love Africa too if I ever went there...

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment