Wednesday, September 5

Waiting on Wednesday (#5)


Elixir (Covenant #3.5)
Jennifer L Armentrout

Due For Release: November 23, 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press

From Goodreads:
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.
Even if it means making war against the gods.

There are no words to explain just how over excited I am for this novella. Covenant is my favourite series of all time and Aiden is without a doubt my favourite fictional guy of all time so instantly when I heard of Aiden's novella I couldn't wait for it. Then I was lucky enough to get a arc of Deity from Spencer Hill Press and I neeeeeed to know what happens next so bad. Can't wait to see what happens next in this series.

Photobucket 



Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever World #1)
Karen Marie Moning

Due for Release: October 30, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte press

From Goodreads: The year is 1 AWC—After the Wall Crash. The Fae are free and hunting us. It’s a war zone out there, and no two days are alike. I’m Dani O’Malley, the chaos-filled streets of Dublin are my home, and there’s no place I’d rather be.

Dani “Mega” O’Malley plays by her own set of rules—and in a world overrun by Dark Fae, her biggest rule is: Do what it takes to survive. Possessing rare talents and the all-powerful Sword of Light, Dani is more than equipped for the task. In fact, she’s one of the rare humans who can defend themselves against the Unseelie. But now, amid the pandemonium, her greatest gifts have turned into serious liabilities.

Dani’s ex–best friend, MacKayla Lane, wants her dead, the terrifying Unseelie princes have put a price on her head, and Inspector Jayne, the head of the police force, is after her sword and will stop at nothing to get it. What’s more, people are being mysteriously frozen to death all over the city, encased on the spot in sub-zero, icy tableaux.

When Dublin’s most seductive nightclub gets blanketed in hoarfrost, Dani finds herself at the mercy of Ryodan, the club’s ruthless, immortal owner. He needs her quick wit and exceptional skill to figure out what’s freezing Fae and humans dead in their tracks—and Ryodan will do anything to ensure her compliance.

Dodging bullets, fangs, and fists, Dani must strike treacherous bargains and make desperate alliances to save her beloved Dublin—before everything and everyone in it gets iced.
I loved the fever series and was so excited when I learned that the author was going to write more books in this series. Well this book does have another POV, namely that from Dani, and I am not sure whether it will be as good as the Fever series, but still I am really looking forward to reading it. The Fever series is one of the best series I have read, the whole feeling of those books is so special. There really isn't anything that compares to the Fever series and that's why I am so excited for this book, because I hope it will have that same feeling as Fever! I also love the cover for this book, I love how real the ice looks and I can't wait to have a hardcover or paperback copy of it in my hands.

 

10 comments:

  1. I had Elixir on my blog a while ago, but I cannot express how incredibly excited I am to read this book. More Aiden POV? I take that any time, any place, thank you! Love him and his POVs. A whole book? Yes, please!

    I haven't read anything by Moning yet, but I'd love to start with the Fever series (I hope I remember correctly). Supposedly it was good and I'd like to give this series a try.

    Thank you for spreading the word of these books and if you have time, check out my WOW:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool choice Lolita! I reeeally need to reread the Fever series, talk about amazing-much.
    And Kay, an Armentrout book? Lol you are such an addict!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really should read the Fever series, it is amazing and there is nothing that really compares to it. The first book is Darkfever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also thinking about re-reading Fever, it is such a good series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there is going to be a group read on GR :D We should join them

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love the cover of Elixir and I WANT it sitting on my JLA shelf!!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. ME TOO! I have it on pre-order already lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea we all knew I was a JLA addict ages ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really excited for Elixir to. I can't wait to read more about Aiden. I think Deity is my favorite so far in the covenant series, and Elixir is my favorite cover. Lolita's pick sounds interesting to. I haven't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing ladies. Ellen @ Always YA at Heart – Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deity is definitely my favourite! Cannot wait for Elixir. I love me some Aiden ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment