Friday, September 7

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1)

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1)
Wendy Higgins

Publication Date: 1 May, 2012
Finish Date: 7 September, 2012
Format: Paperback
Source: Birthday present from Vanya @YA Story Teller

Read Kay's 5 star review Here



From Goodreads: Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

I really enjoyed this book and it was really different than what I expected. The first half was better than the second half, which not often happens in books. There where some parts that could be better, but it was an enjoyable read and had that keep-reading-feel. I liked the authors writen style.

I mostly avoid angel books, I am just not a huge fan of that genre. This book does have a unique twist on the genre and I did enjoy it. There is less conflict between the two sides of Anna than you would expect from the blurb. And the story is very interesting, the first half of the book was really addictive and I kept wanting to read more. The second half of the story contained some twists that I didn't like and just flowed less good than the first half. Also the second half of the book is a bit darker and at the end some things happened that where just strange in my opinion.

I liked the characters, Anna is a real good person, she doens't drink, doens't use drugs, doens't want to have sex before marriage and prays every day to God. There where some things concerning her person and bakcground that could've been done a bit better, there was a small part that was a bit unbelieveable. Kaiden is a bad boy, but I think that he was still a bit soft for a bad boy. I did like him, but also think he made some poor descisions. The side characters where interesting enough, there was enough information and background about them to get a sense of who they where. I also really liked Pattie, she is just so warm and caring and she is everything someone needs in a mother figure. I really liked her character.

The world building actually was quite simple and we learn parts bit by bit as the story progresses. I liekd the fact that it was just a bit different from normal angel books and it was original enough that i liked it. I would've preferred a bit more explantion, although it was not nessecary for the story.

To conclude: I enjoyed this book, the writing style was good and it had that keep-reading feel. There where some parts in the story that I didn't like. The characters where likeable and interesting and there was enough world building. This certainly was an interesting read, although I can't imagine where the story is going after this book.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed this one, I really liked it..i thought the council was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gr8 review. i really love kaidan lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Lolita. I loved this book

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment