Tuesday, September 25

Review: Sugar Rush

Sugar Rush
Rachel Astor

Publisher: Entangled Publishing - Bliss Imprint
Publication Date: August 25, 2012
Date Read: September 25, 2012
Genre: Adult - Romance
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15848955-sugar-rush
From Goodreads:
There’s nothing quite like your first bite.

Dulcie Carter has been running her family’s homemade sweet shop, Candy Land Confections, on her own since her mom passed away. But business is slow and rent is high, so Dulcie knows if she wants to keep her mom’s dream alive, she’ll need a miracle. Winning the annual Assembly of Chocolatiers competition will change everything, if only she can overcome her fears and bring herself to create something new for the first time in a long time.

Then she meets Nick, a molten-hot guy with a sexy smirk and chocolate brown eyes. The attraction is stronger than any sugar rush—until she discovers he’s set to inherit his family’s big-box candy shop in town, which is her strongest competitor for first prize. Nick’s got his own reasons for needing the win, but then being around Dulcie is proving addictive.

As the competition heats up, so do the sparks between them. Can they keep their sights on winning, when love might be the sweetest prize of all?

It's no surprise to anyone how much I love Entangled Publishing books. I read a lot of them and I review a lot of them for Entangled. So when I heard about this new imprint of books coming from Entangled, The Bliss Imprint, I jumped at the chance to review them. Sugar Rush is the first Bliss book I've read and I have to say I am very impressed. I read it in one sitting and I loved every moment of it.

Dulcie is a struggling business owner and student. After her Mom's death Dulcie is left the family Candy store. As much as she loves to make her own candy she struggles to keep her Mom's legacy alive. When she is invited to take part in the Chocolatues competition where the prize money could help the store survive Dulcie is terrified to enter. How can she win and live up to the reputation her mother built when she hasn't been able to make any new candies since her mother passed. But when she is pitted against Nick, the drop-dead-gorgeous guy set to inherit the other big candy store in town Dulcie is determined to beat him. But will Dulcie and Nick be able to be competitive against each other when they are becoming more drawn to each other?

I really loved this book and I have to say Rachel Astor is a genius. This book had my two favourite things in the world in it. Romance and Chocolate. Seriously? What could possibly be better? I am now convinced that this woman is a genius. I swear I must have put on weight reading this book because man it was making me so damn hungry. Every time another candy was mentioned my stomach was rumbling and my mouth was watering. Basically the whole book just made me hungry.

Sugar Rush is just such a cute love story. None of this smutty all-sex-no-story stuff going on that you see a lot now. Thank God. I am a total hopeless romantic at heart and love anything remotely romantic and am always the person sat there going "AWWWWWWW" so it's fair to say I loved every moment of this book. Dulcie was such a great character. I loved her. She was the character that everyone can empathise with. She is so vulnerable at times yet she stays strong to continue her mothers legacy while she is so self-conscious and doesn't believe in herself much. So in everyone's life it's not going to be with a candy store but sometime everyone has had a time when they've doubted themself and with this book you see Dulcie's journey from being afraid to putting aside her fears of failure and just going ahead and doing something about it. I loved that about this book.

Sugar Rush without a doubt left me breathless. I was sucked into this amazing and delicious world of love and candy... seriously what could be better and I just couldn't put it down until I reached the end. Although then I was disappointed I had finished. If you love a good romance novel then this is the book for you. It will leave you all warm and fuzzy inside and it's a great quick read. I loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment