Tuesday, September 18

Blog Tour: Sugar Rush by Rachel Astor


Hey guys,
I am so excited to be a part of the blog tour for one of the first books to launch on the new Entangled Imprint - Bliss.

Sugar Rush
Rachel Astor

Publisher: Entangled Publishing - Bliss Imprint
Publication Date: August 25, 2012
Pages: 265

Photobucket

From Goodreads:
There’s nothing quite like your first bite.

Dulcie Carter has been running her family’s homemade sweet shop, Candy Land Confections, on her own since her mom passed away. But business is slow and rent is high, so Dulcie knows if she wants to keep her mom’s dream alive, she’ll need a miracle. Winning the annual Assembly of Chocolatiers competition will change everything, if only she can overcome her fears and bring herself to create something new for the first time in a long time.

Then she meets Nick, a molten-hot guy with a sexy smirk and chocolate brown eyes. The attraction is stronger than any sugar rush—until she discovers he’s set to inherit his family’s big-box candy shop in town, which is her strongest competitor for first prize. Nick’s got his own reasons for needing the win, but then being around Dulcie is proving addictive.

As the competition heats up, so do the sparks between them. Can they keep their sights on winning, when love might be the sweetest prize of all?

Unfortunately I have not yet had time to read this due to other blog tours and stuff but it is my next read so I will have a review up in the next few days for you.

Please give a warm welcome to the awesome author of Sugar Rush, Rachel Astor, to K-Books


Hi Rachel,
Thanks for taking the time to be on K-Books today.
Thanks for having me!

When did you first discover that you wanted to be a writer?
I was actually kind of a late bloomer. I read all the time as a kid and in grade school one of our assignments was to plot a choose your own adventure novel (back when they were the big thing), and I really loved it, but it wasn’t until I was in my late twenties when I really began to think that maybe writing was something I’d like to do.

Your most recent book, Sugar Rush, is a contemporary romance novel. Did you always want to write in this genre?
Yes, contemporary romance was one of the first genres I began writing in. Since then I’ve dabbled in other genres such as young adult, historical, and novels for middle grade readers as well.

What genres do you most enjoy reading?
I love so many different genres! Light, contemporary romance of course, as well as young adult, and lately I’ve been drawn to things which do a lot of genre blending such as Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus which is kind of a historical, magical realism, romance mash up.

Do you have any authors that you look up to or that inspire you?
Everything I read inspires me, whether it’s because I love it or if I can learn something from it. Some authors I read a lot are Meg Cabot, Sophie Kinsella and Ally Carter.

Sugar Rush has just been released. What was the inspiration behind that story?
I love to think about my readers and what might make them happy, so my plots tend to be closely related to jobs or events that I see as being tons of fun—such as running a candy store! And what better way to fall in love than within that theme of chocolate and candy? It can’t help but be a sweet romance!

How do you feel about releasing that story into the world?
It’s a lot of fun, I get to talk to so many people about chocolate!!

Do you take any personal experience and adapt them into your writing?
While I do dabble a bit in baking and candy making, I’m definitely no candy genius like Dulcie! Of course, I like to think I am when I’m watching shows like Sweet Genius and Cupcake Wars and think I know exactly what the judges are going to say. :o)

Are there any particular scenes that you enjoy writing more than others?
In Sugar Rush I particularly loved to write the scenes with Grams in them. She’s Dulcie’s spitfire grandmother, inspired a bit by my grandmother.

And finally what can we expect to see from you in the future?
Lots of things! My agent and I are currently working on polishing a middle grade, but soon I’m sure I’ll find myself plotting a new romance!

Getting To Know You – Quick Fire Round

Hardcopy or E-Book? I tend to read more in hardcopy. I also love audio books!
Bookmark or Dog-Ear? NEVER EVER dog ear! :o)
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
Summer or Winter? I live on the Canadian prairie, so definitely, definitely summer!
Ice-Cream or Cake? Ice-cream
Coffee or Tea? Coffee

Thank you so much for being here on K-Books with us today.
Thank you for the fun questions!

 Well what do you think?
Do YOU want to read Sugar Rush? I for one am very excited to start it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment