Wednesday, August 29

Waiting on Wednesday (#4)


PODs
Michelle Pickett

Due For Release: June 4, 2013
Published By: Spencer Hill Press

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it’s in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it’s a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That’s the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.

I am so freaking excited for this book!! When I first saw that cover my first thought was Wow... that is one awesome cover... and then I read the blurb and I think my eyes may have popped out of my sockets and my jaw may hit the floor. It is no surprise to anyone that I freaking love dystopian and post-apocalyptic books. Most of my favourite books fall into that genre. I just cannot get enough. I am obsessed with them so instantly this appealed to me. I am also completely obsessed with zombie books. I adore them and cannot get enough of zombie books... zombies are awesome!!!
So PODs sounds pretty dystopia/post-apocalyptic to me... so I was like yea this sounds awesome... and then I read the 'virus mutatues MONSTERS' sounds kinda zombie to me. At that point I started jumping up and down in ym seat I am soooooooo psyched for this book! It is just filled with awesomesauce and I cannot wait to devour this book!

Photobucket


Boundless (Unearthly #3)
Cynthia Hand

Due for Release: January 22, 2013
Published by: HarperTeen

I have no idea why, but there is not yet a blurb on Goodreads for this book.

So that means that I have more space to gush about how much I want this book! Well let me start by stating the fact that this is the best angel series I have read so far. I am not a big fan of angels, but this series is so good. It is my favourite angel series, so far. Book 1 and 2 in this series where both very good and had many twist and turn, book 2 also was a very emotional read. And after that I just can't wait to read and see what happens in book 3. Although it is still a long time before this book will be releashed. I am really looking forward to it. Well there is no blurb yet so I have no idea where this book will be about, I guess we will learn even more about angels and see relationships develop. Furthermore I have no idea, but I am sure that it will be as good as the first 2 books. I can't wait to read it! And ofcourse the cover is very beautifull too!




What's your Waiting on Wednesday?

13 comments:

  1. PODs looks great. Adding to to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea it does. I am so excited that I am on the arc list for it *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Pods looks awesome, really exciting.

    I still haven't read Unearthly, I keep putting it off but then I see that beautiful cover.. and wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mega cool zombie games on http://www.flashshed.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lolita these are both awesome picks I love dystopians too and am excited about the mutated monsters..eep! I also have the third book in Hand's book on my must have list. My
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I'm very excited for PODs. I'm on the arc list for it and cannot wait till they start going out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea PODs is one book I am more excited about that most books. Those mutates Monsters made me squeal. I'm lucky enough to be on the ARC list for it and cannot wait for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to PODs. I have to admit, I am sooo jealous because a few months ago a similar plot popped into my head for a book that I want to write. I guess I'll have to do some serious changes.


    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really should Unearthly, it's my favourite angel series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for picking PODs as one of your WOW books! I am truly humbled by all the people who are excited for its release.


    Michelle Pickett :)
    PODs, June 4th 2013
    Milayna, March 2014

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should write your version. It's highly unlikely that our versions would be the same. And besides, you can never have too many mutant, monster zombies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome picks Lolita. I am glad I'm on the arc list for Pods and can't wait for the next in the Unearthly series. Amazing angel read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree there can never be too many mutant monster zombie books. I love zombies ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment