Saturday, August 4

Review: The Oil Tycoon and her Sexy Sheikh

The Oil Tyccon and her Sexy Sheikh
Ros Clarke

Publication Date: July 14, 2012
Date Read: August 4, 2012
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book

Photobucket

From Goodreads:

His duty, her dreams, undone by their desire...

In the male-dominated oil industry, executive Olivia McInnes plays a careful game - she's cold, uncompromising, and ambitious as hell. Once she seals the deal to drill in the clear waters of Saqat, she'll finally prove herself worthy to take the reins of her father's oil company. Her only obstacle is marine biologist - and Saqat's royal heir - Sheikh Khaled Ibm Saqat al Mayim, who's determined to protect both his people and his country from environmental devastation...

It's not long before Olivia's icy cool exterior is shattered by the intelligent and wickedly hot sheikh, and business is surpassed by sweet, stolen pleasures. But outside the bedroom, there's reality to be faced. Soon Khaled must return to his obligations - and his betrothed - in Saqat.

Caught between duty and ambition, can an oil tycoon and a sexy sheikh find room for love... or will this business deal spell disaster for them both?

"I'd already chosen you, Livvy. Only you."


What a great contemporary romance novel this is. I really enjoyed this one. I instantly wanted to read this as soon as I heard about it. I read Ros' other book, the short but great Table For One so when I heard about this one I couldn't wait to read it. It did not disappoint I was completely sucked into the story right from the start and loved every page of it.


Olivia does everything she possibly can to show her Dad that she can take over the family business fine so when she gets her shot... to convince the incredibly swoon-worthy marine biologist Khaled she thinks she has no problem. What she didn't count on was falling for him and being more concerned about what is best for him and his country than her own career. Will she follow her head, that's telling her to step away and seal the deal for business or her heart?

I loved this book. It was great. I was completely sucked in from the start. Ros Clarke is amazing at really drawing the reader in right from the first page so you cannot do anything but read until you have devoured the whole book and that is what I love about her books. She is such a fantastic contemporary author and her writing will have you on the edge of your seat dying to know what is going to happen with these fantastic characters that she has created.
Olivia is definitely my kinda girl. I love her. She's head-strong and stubborn and makes sure she shows how much she can achieve on her own. I really loved that she was in a male-dominated career and showed that a woman could do the job just as well as any man. I loved that. I had my whole *girl-power* thought going on throughout this book. So your thinking she's head-strong and powerful... so she doesn't grow throughout the book. You are wrong! She may be very successful but she still has a lot of lessons about life. She doesn't know how to love and she grows so much by falling for Khaled. She learns that there are things more important that business and your success at your job. I loved that and made me really feel like there was a great message to get across in this book.
Khaled *swoon*. Right from the very first time we met him I was head over heels in lust... er... I mean love. He is very yummy and the sweetest guy ever as well. He has a lot of responsibility and had yet to learn that it is okay for some things to come first and it's okay to find happiness as well as do what is right. The main thing I loved about this book is that both of the characters are already great strong-willed, successful characters yet they still both grow a lot throughout the book. Not a lot of books have that. A lot of books some of the characters are heavily reliant on other characters to get by but grow into their own person by the end. In this book they are already their own strong person they just grew even more to become a better person and that to me is such a fantastic thing to read about.
If you are a fan of romance and contemporary books then this is a must-read for you. I really loved every second of it and thought it was fantastic. I am such a hopeless romantic and devoured this book. It had me laughing one minute and freaking out and heartbroken thinking that things weren't going to work out the next. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.



"I don't know what I ever did to deserve you, but I know that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Since the program is based on a real time world, users would
    not only be able to choose the weather of their choice but
    also the scenery. When you decide to buy the Flight simulator Game,
    then first you have to be sure that exactly what
    are you want. This game by Hexacto is simple, straightforward,
    and fun. If you are using your own clubs, clean
    it with a wet cloth at least every 2-3 days. Retain on your own
    and these you enjoy in the gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hosts file is a popular, cross-platform way of blocking access to certain domains, such as ad-serving websites.
    As we know that our bodys natural structure and physique also contains the wax esters which helps as natural moisturizer on the skin and
    prevents from multiple environmental problems.
    Sometimes, this process starts from the temples and goes back, and sometimes it
    begins from the top of the head. Your health and appearance can be improved with
    essential oils. 5 ml Kalonji Oil mixed at a hot drink after supper
    gives a quiet sleep all during the night.

    My web blog - olive oil for hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. s the only thing that can tell you with any assurance that a project can move ahead and make money.
    The more vulnerable the global economy looks,
    the greater the demand for gold and silver. If you choose an
    activity that the both of you enjoyed together, this will aid remind your
    ex of how pleasurable it was spending time with you, bring back the good days.



    Feel free to visit my weblog ... mining

    ReplyDelete
  4. The city of Danbury's metro options into NYC, give anyone in New Milford, Newtown, Bethel, New Fairfield and Sherman options for travelling south. First, ready mixed concrete in Sunderland can help you get your construction job done faster. Say we are laying out a simple home 30' x 45'; if the last dimension was forty feet instead of forty-five then the cross corner measurement would be fifty feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether you are searching for specialty styling products or specific Loreal hair products, you are
    sure to find what you need. Before you go for them, try products
    at Keranique for hair care. Its intention is to offer you ideal cosmetics which are safe
    and substantial in quality, all the way through the world.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment