Saturday, August 4

Early Review: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #1)
Rachel Harris

Published By: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: September 11, 2012
Date Read: August 4, 2012
Genre: YA - Historical Romance
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13101487-my-super-sweet-sixteenth-century
From Goodreads:

On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore

Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?


"Letting people get close to you doesn't always lead to pain. Some people are actually worth the risk."


Wow... when thinking about this book words completely fail me. I honestly do not know what to say. When I first heard about this book I instantly wanted to read it. I mean come on... read that blurb who wouldn't want to read that? It sounds incredible... but I was still a little hesitant. I am generally not a historical fan. The historical books I have read I have really not liked but I couldn't help but want to read this book. I am a huge fan of the Renaissance period so was really looking forward to it despite my dislike for historical books. Technically this is a historical book. It's setting is in history BUT I freaking loved it. I am now dubbing this book the historical book for people who don't like historical.


Cat Crawford does not want a major sweet sixteenth. When Cat's family take a vacation to Florence, Italy all she wants is to escape on her own. She loves art and just wants to be alone to see the wonders found in Florence. When she comes across a Gypsy tent... something Cat has never believed in she finds herself going in... and walks out in the 1500 Renaissance period. How can she get back to her time... and does she want to when she meets the fun-loving and devilishly handsome Lorenzo?


This book was just brilliant. I totally loved it. I loved the setting of Florence with the beautiful cobbled streets and I just fell in love with the Renaissance period. I was kind of surprised by how much I loved it. I am not a historical fan as I find historical book kind of boring, but I love steampunk books so to hear about this I just had to give it a try. As soon as I received this for review I immediately dived in... and was totally blown away! It's just fantastic. Just imagine a normal 21st Century girl traveling back to 1500s. It made me wanna go find a gypsy tent myself.


Cat is such a great character and made me laugh so damn much. Just seeing her in the Renaissance period but talking with her 21st century vocabulary made me laugh so much throughout this book. I loved how she never acted like anyone but herself. Cat goes on such a fantastic journey in this book. She definitely grows up a lot and develops into a better stronger character through her adventure in the past.


Lorenzo... *insert incredibly dream sigh here*. I totally fell in love with him from the first time he winked at her *swoon* You will definitely find another book boyfriend to swoon over in this book. He is perfect and sweet while being cocky and kinda a bad boy at the same time. All I can say about him is he's so perfect. I fell head-over-heels in love with him.


This book was just brilliant. I totally fell in love with the characters and the world. I thought I would like this book. I did not imagine I would love it quite as much as it did. If you like historical books then you'll love this book! If you are not a fan of historical books... you will still love this book. I did! 


My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century is such a highly unique novel and unlike anything I have ever read. It mixes two very awesome yet very different time periods and blends them together in an unforgettable and incredibly addictive way. Rachel blends the familiarity of 21st Century culture with the classical time of Renaissance history. You will be addicted to this book and unable to stop reading until the last page. Rachel Harris is definitely an author to watch out for in the future and I for one will be reading every single one of her books that she publishes. I am in love with yet another author. She is brilliant. Rachel made the impossible possible. She made me fall in love with a book involving a historical era. I can't wait for the second book in this series and see what happens next.


Definitely a must-read. I absolutely devoured this book and loved every single minute of it.


"Cat - you are my dream now."




3 comments:

  1. So looking forward to this one - even more so now.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...dubbing this book the historical book for people who don't like historical" too funny! I love historical fiction, in fact its my go to genre when i am feeling a little blue and need a feel good pick me up. This book was on my radar and your review has placed it firmly on the must buy list..awesome and so glad you freakin' loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. The book is amazing and Rachel is a fab writer!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment