Tuesday, May 8

Tempting the Best Man

Tempting the Best man
J Lynn

Publication Date: April 23
Finish Date: 8 May
Format: e-book


From Goodreads:  Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first…

I was really looking forward to reading this book. It's the first adult book written by jennifer Armentrout under the name J Lynn. I heard some great things about it, but in the end I just think it was a nice and enjoyable read, but not more.What I did really njoy about this book was the writing style, I just love this authors writing style.

The story is a bit simple and it is obviously from the start that it will be a romance novel. I thought the premise was interesting enough. But for me the book was just too short and there was too much misunderstandings and bickering and too less romance. I did enjoy the romance and the tension between the two lead characters was done very good! But the book just was too short and I didn't had the feeling I really got to know the characters. Also the reason Chase gives for not being able to be with Maddie just felt flat, it just felt stupid that a minor point like that was standing in the way of their happiness.

I did like the characters, but again I think the story was a bit too short to really give them much depth. i would love to know more about both characters and their lives and families. The emphaszie was now too much on their developing romance than on the characters themself and I like getting to know the characters.

To conclude: I guess I just had too high expectations for this book and didn't really realise it was so short. I think the story was nice enough and it definitely is a nice and enjoyable read, but just don't expect much more.

To see Kay's review of this book, click here


1 comments:

  1. Aww Lolita, I wish you had enjoyed it more. I had to get past the fact that it was so short because I am so used to reading a series or even a longer stand alone book. Once I got past that, I really enjoyed it! Hopefully you'll like Unchained more when it's released!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment