Friday, May 18

Shewolf (True Mates #1)

Shewolf
Teresa D'Amario

Publication Date: November 30, 2010
Finish Date: May 18, 2012
Fomat: e-book
Source: free as part of a promotion action on a romance e-book site.

From Goodreads: 
A small town veterinarian has a big time problem. She's not human.
Plagued as a child with an extra-sensitive sense of smell, strength, and eyesight, Anna Callaway always thought she was special. But she didn't understand how special until she met Kieran Hunter.
He insists they are True Mates, but he's not human either. He's wolven.
Kieran is a protector of his race. No longer the Alpha of his pack, he spends his time searching out and punishing any who may reveal their race to humans. While patrolling, he finds two wolven about to kidnap Anna. He battles to protect her, but is surprised to find himself drawn to her in a way he never expected.
The couple must learn to deal with their differences before they can address their similarities. But when three men kidnap Anna, she must decide if she is to embrace the wolven way of life, or return to her quiet existence. And whether to abandon the man who claims her as his True Mate.

This book was so much better than expected. I got this book for free because of a promotion action on a romance e-books site. The blurb sounded like it was an erotic/romance book and it was about werewolves. So I decided to give it a try. I didn't expect any depth, just a nice and simple romance story. And I was really surprised when I did not only found a great romance story, but also a great story and some depth.

When I started this book I was imediately intrigued. Anna is a vet, but always has this enhanced sense of smell and some other strange things. She never thought anything of it, until one night she get's attacked by two men, who are actually wolven (werewolfs). Slowly she learns more about the wolven and falls in love. While the romance does happen fast it also goes a bit more slowly at times. Anna not just immediately accepts everything and actually takes her time to think about it. The story is simple, but very thought through. I also liked the world building, it's not a huge world to get introduced to, but the things we learn where done very good.

I also really liked Anna, she is such a strong character and takes her time to think things thorugh and she does things her way. I really liked her. The other character do get much less attention. I actually would've liked learning a bit more about the other characters. The story is also pretty simple in terms of plot, but I still enjoyed it. I think the story could've been a bit more better or elaborate and it was a bit short. But the book felt longer than it actually was.

I also think that the story had a very nice mix between romance and story. The focus is not on one of the two, instead there is a nice mix of both of them.

To conclude: a nice romance story, with more depth than expected. I liked the story and world building. I really liked the main character, but I would've liked seeing more from the other characters perspective. I am certainly going to check out the other books by this author. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a book with good romance(and some sex) and a nice story.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment