Friday, May 18

Review: Until I Die (Revenants #2)

Until I Die (Revenants #2)
Amy Plum

Published By: ATOM
Publication Date: May 3, 2012
Date Read: May 17, 2012
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Review Copy from ATOM Publishing
Format: Paperback
Pages: 320
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11438966-until-i-die
From Goodreads:
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.



"Of course my girlfriend's got it. In truckloads! How else could she have slain a giant evil zombie, single-handedly saving my undead body?"


First of all, all I can say is, "Oh. My. God!" I thought Die For Me was incredible and I doubted it could get any better but Amy did it again and blew me away with Until I Die. This was even better than the first one and I couldn't put it down. Incredible.


Kate and Vincent have overcome the Numa trying to kill them but they are far from over the trouble. How can a human and an Immortal truly be together? While trying to find the answers Kate unwillingly puts everyone at risk and finds herself in the middle of a battle, with her as the target. Can true love once again defeat the Numa? Or are her and Vincent destined to be ripped apart?


I finished this book yesterday and I still can't even speak properly about it. It was just that amazing. It did take me a while to read but that it not because of the book at all, more because University was taking over my life. All I wanted to do was keep reading about Kate and Vincent and when I finally had the time I read pretty much the whole thing in one sitting. I could not put it down.


I loved this book and as I did with the first book I loved Kate. I think she's a great heroine and I can't wait to see what happens with her in the third book. I was a little annoyed that Kate was going off and putting herself in danger without Vincent and keeping secrets from him but I totally understand why she did it. She didn't want to get Vincent's hopes up before she found out the truth but I'm still a little annoyed as things that happened may not have happened if they'd just been honest with each other. This goes for Vincent too. I love him, but I was so irritated that he was keeping this big thing from Kate like she couldn't handle it. She went through so much in the first book and was so strong about it I don't really get why Vincent thought she couldn't handle the 'secret'.


I was so shocked by the ending of this book. I really didn't see it coming and I was shocked by the character who betrayed them. I literally sat there with my mouth hanging open because I couldn't believe what I had just read. It was such a twist and one that I definitely didn't see coming. 
The ending of Until I Die broke my heart. I was reading the last 50 pages in tears. I was so heartbroken and the ending is just such a massive cliffhanger. I finished it and ended up sat for the next 10 minutes shouting "IT CAN'T END LIKE THAT!"


I seriously cannot wait for the next book to find out what happens. I need book 3... like... RIGHT NOW! I am so impatient when waiting for books and waiting for this one is going to be a killer.


It was amazing and I loved every single second of it! If you haven't read this series yet... well... what the hell are you waiting for? Go Read it! NOW! It's amazing!


*A big thank you to ATOM Publishing for sending me a review copy of this book*


"Just knowing that you are in this world, everything makes sense."




3 comments:

  1. The ending of this made me cower... Hold me! I'm really glad to hear you loved this so much. I had tiny problems with it but I'm sure book 3 will be amazing ;) Great review!

    Lisa | Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of two books that I read yesterday.. and I just read Die For Me a couple of days ago.. I absolutely loved both of them as well. Maybe I've read too many books this week but I knew who was working against them from pretty much the beginning, I think she made it too obvious. Great review though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book as well, but the ending is a killer!!!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives - new follower

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment