Monday, April 23

Review: Onyx (Lux #2)

Onyx (Lux #2)
Jennifer L Armentrout

Published By: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 14, 2012
Date Finished: April 22, 2012
Genre: YA - Science Fiction
Source: Review Copy from Entangled Publishing
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13047090-onyx
From Goodreads:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.

Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.


"Dog eared pages were the antichrist of book lovers everywhere."


Wow! That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about this book. It's just phenomenal and completely blew me away. Anyone who knows me knows that Jennifer L Armentrout is my favourite author in the world and I am always gushing about all of her book. I read Obsidian in October last year and have been obsessed with her books, especially this series, ever since. There are literally no words to describe how excited I was to receive this book for review, I actually squealed and started jumping up and down at 7.30 in the morning. After reading it I am convinced there is nothing NOTHING that Jennifer can write that I will not fall head over heels in love with. 


Katy and Daemon are connected, to the dismay of Katy. How can she stay connected to Daemon when most of the time she can't stand to be in the same room as him. Every time he's near she wants to kill him. But soon Katy can't fight the connection between them, but is it the connection that's forcing these feelings or are they real? Katy doesn't know and she doesn't have time to find out when the DOD arrive and Katy and Daemon must work together to protect the secret of what happened between them. But something bigger is going on and they realise they can't trust anyone.


I still cannot talk about this book in coherent sentences. It was just phenomenal! Obsidian was my favourite book of 2011 and I couldn't wait to read Onyx but there was a part of me thinking that no matter what nothing could beat Obsidian. Man was I wrong. Onyx surpasses Obsidian and every other book in the world for me. It was phenomenal and I could not put it down. I was sat reading until 3.30am when I couldn't possibly keep my eyes open any longer and then as soon as I woke up I grabbed the book and finished it. It was just that good. Onyx is definitely my new favourite book and will most likely stay my favourite book until Opal comes out. OMG I need Opal like right now. As much as I am always thinking 'I need this book now' usually I'm like but I have a million other books to read so I'll get reading those first. This series? No when I say I need Opal now I mean NOW! Although I have all these other books to read all I want to do is re-read Obsidian and Onyx again and again and again and read nothing else until the next book comes out. It is that amazing and awesome.


Daemon, OMG, the best part of the book, other than the awesome storyline of course, is Daemon. *swoon* You thought he was hot and swoon-worthy in Obsidian? You have seen nothing yet! I just fell head over heels in love with him even more in this book. Onyx completely turned me into a school-girl. I am so glad I was reading this alone as I was grinning and giggling like an idiot at my kindle and I'm pretty certain that that would have earned me some strange looks had I been around anyone. Daemon is his usual smart-ass self where you don't know whether you want to punch him in the face for being such an ass or kiss him because you can't help but love him so much. He had me in fits of laughter and giggles all the way through the book. He is just amazing. He's definitely my number one book boyfriend.


Katy is awesome. As always. I just love Katy, I love how strong she is and I love how we've really seen her grow from the start of book one to where she is at the end of this one. She's really grown into a strong independent character who can deal with the troubles she has alone without consulting anyone else. I loved that about this book. Katy naturally always shows her best in the presence of Daemon. I really love their relationship. I love that's it's not a 'Oh, he's hot, I'm in love with him' relationship but more a love-hate relationship and I love that. I love all their conversations and how they are always bouncing off each other in arguments but deep down you can tell that they really do care about each other.


Jennifer did it again and reduced me to a blubbering mess. I was in tears and completely and utterly heartbreaking and wanting to message her going "No, why would you do that?" Every single one of my Jen's book has had me heartbroken and crying. This was such an incredible book that has you in fits of laughter one minute and tears the next. Jennifer has confirmed her place as my top favourite author in the world and completely blew me away yet again. Every book I read of Jennifer's just completely blows me away and I think that nothing can get better... Until her next book comes out.


It's so unfair that my star ratings can only go to 5. 5 Stars is no where near enough for this book. It deserves a million, a gazillion stars because it's epic and without a doubt the best book I have ever read. I didn't think that it could get better than Obsidian but man it did. Now I don't think anything can beat Onyx, but based on her previous books, in both this series and the Covenant series I have a feeling Opal is going to be the best one. I am excited and sad that Opal will be the last one. I cannot wait to see what happens but at the same time this is my favourite series in the whole world and I do not want it to end. 
I will 100% be re-reading Obsidian and Onyx before I read Opal. I cannot praise this series enough. If you have not read this series, well what are you waiting for? Go read Obsidian... NOW! You will not be disappointed. If your a fan of this series already, you will love it. There's so many twists and turns and shocks you don't see coming. This is definitely a must-read series not to be missed out on and Onyx is just phenomenal and epic! I need to re-read as soon as I can!


"He bent his head, kissing the tears away until he caught each of them with his breath. Then his lips found mine and the room fell away."




4 comments:

  1. Great review, Kay!! :) ONYX was amazing!! And Daemon *sigh* I want him LOL who doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you not being able to talk in coherent sentences. The storyline rocked and Daemon..*sigh* you've said it all. I was in tears by the end of it too! I just hope..things go good for Daemon and Katy both..everything's been so hard for him..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh when I said I agree with you, I meant I felt the same after reading Onyx.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment