Friday, April 13

Pure (Covenant #2)

Pure (Covenant #2)
Jennifer L. Armentrout

Publication Date: April 3, 2012
Finish Date: April 12, 2012
Format: Paperback

Photobucket



From Goodreads: There is need. And then there is Fate...Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

I had some problems getting into this book. I don't know whether this is due to my current not in a reading mood or the book itself. But it took me some time to get into the story, when I finally got into the story I finished this book pretty quick. I also have to mention that I love the cover!

Where my biggest complaint about book 1 was that it looked too much like VA,this complaint almost disapears in this book. There are still things that reminded me of VA, but it where minor things and I could focus more on the story. The story was great, I still think the pace was a bit too slow at times, but the story is interesting enough that I kept reading. I really enjoyed the story.

What I espcecially liked about this book was the fact that we get to see more more about Seth. In the first book I didn't really liked him, but in this book I really began to like him. I actually have no idea who I want Alex to end up with, because both Aiden and Seth are great and I want nobody to get hurt.

Another thing what I liked is that there are some things that are mentioned that catch the attention, but it becomes clear that we only get the solution/explanation in the next book. There are many of these small little things that make me really want to know what will happen in the next book.

To conclude: a great book, the beginning was a bit slow for me but after that I really enjoyed it. I really began to like Seth in this book and am looking forward to the next book.









Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading it myself. I'm enjoying it. Fab review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying it Sio. I love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great series, can't wait to read the next book!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment