Saturday, February 11

Unveiled

Unveiled
Trisha Wolfe

Publication Date: September 8, 2011
Finish Date: February 11, 2012
Source: Review Copy from Trisha Wolfe
Format: eBook


From Goodreads:
Amongst the wasteland lies the gleaming city of Karm. A Camelot-esque utopia built from the ashes of a dying world.

Seventeen-year-old Fallon is no daughter of Karm.

She's its assassin.

Raised by a secret society of rebels, she's bent on bringing down the king's sham of an existence. But her first mark, one of the king's top knights of the Force, makes her question everything. Even her heart.
Wow, what a surprise this turned out to be. I received this for review from the author months ago and I cannot believe I didn't read it until now. I was pleasantly surprised and I really hope that she plans to turn this into a series.

Fallon has a mission. Brought up to see the error of the kings ways and to fight him. When she gets her first mission, it's to kill one of the king's knights. She doesn't question it. She's been taught not to. But what if her target is innocent? The unthinkable happens making her question everything she has been brought up to believe in. What will she disobey? Her duty or her heart?

I was really surprised at this book. It is a short story, I read it in about half an hour and usually with short stories I find I don't like them as much as novels as I feel I don't have enough time to connect with the characters. Unveiled is without a doubt the exception. I really loved this story. From the first page I was drawn into this new world and I didn't want to stop reading. I was hooked and I loved the characters from the moment I met them, this doesn't happen a lot. Usually it takes me a while to like the characters but in this one I just connected with them straight away and to me, that shows what a superb author Trisha is.
I love Fallon, I loved her bravery and her indecisiveness. Throughout the story I just loved seeing her struggling between what she was feeling and what she was supposed to be doing and I thought this was such a great thing to see in such a short story. I instantly fell in love with Xander. He is so sweet and all the way through I was thinking, no she can't do it and I was completely gripped and could not put the book down until I had found out what happened.

I love the world-building in this book, I love the story-line, I love the characters. I am really ashamed that I didn't pick this book up and read it as soon as I got it for review. I really loved it and I really hope the author will decide to make this a series as the ending left me wanting more.
I will definitely be picking up the other works from this author.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment