Friday, February 3

Spread Love Not Hate!


Two amazing authors, K.M Parr and K.C Neal have come up with this amazing idea for bloggers to post to spread Love not Hate in terms of bullying. It is such a great idea and a great cause to get people spreading words to everyone else about it.

Bullying happens worldwide all the time and it needs to be stopped. Today to spread the word I'm going to share with you my personal story about Bullying.

During my school years I was constantly bullied for 7 years. I don't know why but what I do know is that the bullies DO NOT realise just how much it impacts people's lives and not just while at school. Bullying victims carry that experience for the rest of their life and it never leads them. I know I still have days when I feel like I'm not thin enough or I'm not pretty enough and all of these issues have come from one thing: The bullying that I went through.
Bullying is a terrible thing and it really does impact people's lives and that is why I really just want to spread the word and make people realise that it needs to be stopped.

If anyone who is getting bullied reads this just know that you can get through it! There is nothing wrong with you, if anything there is something wrong with the bullied. Chances are they bully other people because of how they feel about themselves.
Bullying is not a good thing at all but if it does happen to you, you can turn it into something positive. I definitely would not be the person I am today if it hadn't happened. It made me stronger and I now no longer care what people think about me, I am who I am and that's not going to change. Not for anybody and if people don't like it that is their problem not mine.
It's a horrid thing to have to go through and I wish it didn't happen at all but it can be turned into something positive. If one person who gets bullied reads this post and takes something positive from it then I will be so happy because it doesn't matter what people say about you. The only person who can put you down is yourself. As long as you believe in yourself and keep believing that you can follow your dreams and do it, then it doesn't matter what people say. They don't matter, what they think doesn't matter. You Do!

I would love to have bullying never happening again but honestly, I don't think that will ever happen. I am optimistic but I don't think it's going to stop, at least not anytime soon so my message today is....
Let's take something Negative and turn it into something Positive! I think that is the first step to stopping Bullying. If you show them you don't care, it will stop!

Any victims of bullying, don't worry, you are not alone and you CAN get through it!



3 comments:

  1. Kay, can I say I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I am honored to say I (internet) know you and that you have a wonderful soul & of course great taste in books! I cannot say how much I agree with this! You are my hero!! and thank you to each author who has a stop on this blog hop tour :) Thank you for standing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Kayleigh! When you "own" what happens in your life, nothing can really defeat you. Thank you so much for joining in and telling your story! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I am not thin enough all the time and have been put down many time. Thank you for turning your bullied days into something positive! You can take the pledge against bullying at the bottom of my post if you get time!
    http://shadowkissedcassie.blogspot.com/2012/02/spread-love-not-hate-blog-hop-stand.html

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment