Wednesday, February 8

My Enchanted Life

My Enchanted Life
Laura Eno

Publication Date: November 16
Finish Date: 7 February
Format: e-book
Source: Copy from author




From Goodreads:
An American teen finds herself thrust into a world she never knew existed in England's magical community of Wode Gate. While dealing with gnomes, a cranky dragon, murder and mayhem, Emma tries to cope with her unwanted duties as Sentinel and fights to get back home again. She finds that things aren't always what they seem, people aren't who they pretend to be, and someone wants her dead. The king of the underworld wants her too, but he may be the least of her problems as Emma struggles to control her powers—while losing her heart to a demon.



This is a fun and quick read. It is a short book and a light read, no very heavy topics or anything like that. I really enjoyed reading it. The book is about Emma who inherits a house in England and finds out about a fantasy world there.

I really liked the fantasy world and all the different supernatural creatures we meet in this story. I think it is refreshing after reading so many books that only focus on one supernatural creature to read a book that uses so many supernatural creatures. The minpoint is that all the characters itself get less attention because there are so many characters. It is quite easy to distinguish between the characters because they all are a different supernatural type and have a habit or something they do everytime they show up. Like the dragon who is always grumpy and a Fea that always messes with people hair and makes jokes. I did like most of the characters and I also liked Emma, alotugh she was a bit naïve and everyone became her friend a bit too fast.

This book is really short and fast paced. I think this is both a strenght and weakness. I finished this book quickly and kept reading because of the fast pace and wanting to know what happens. But some parts are a bit rushed and events where over before they even started. I also found it was a bit too short, but at the same time I liked it was so short. I found the story a bit too short because at the end there is still many things we don't know about the world and everyone's powers, but at the same this doens't matter that much because it is just such an enjoyable and quick read. The story is also a bit predicatble, at least the overal plot. There are enough small surprises in the story. I also think the story is quite original, especially the part about a gate that connects the worlds where supernatural creatures live.

To conclude a very enjoyable book, the story is fast paced and a quick and light read. If you are looking for a quick and light read that also contains an original story I would certainly recommend this book. I really enjoyed reading this story and I am curious about what other books this author has written.

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment