Sunday, January 1

Top 2012 Books I Can't Wait For


Well the New Year is finally here. So first of all I want to say a huge...


This is one of the best New Years ever as when it hit midnight here in the UK K-Books had made it to 300 followers. Hurray! I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who follows this blog and Hi to all the new followers ::waving::
I love each and every one of you and K-Books would be nothing without you guys, you guys make all the hard work put into this blog worth it. So because I love you guys I am going to be organising a 300 Follower Giveaway and the details will be up within the next couple of days. I'm sure I have some signed bookmarks lying around somewhere so look out for that ;)

Now on to today's post. The Last one of my Top 10 of 2011 posts, considering you know it's not 2011 anymore. Anyway I want to share with you the Top 10 books being released this year that I am super excited about and seriously cannot wait for. Don't forget to leave me a comment and let me know if I missed any out. This list was possibly the hardest one I had to do as there are like a gazillion books coming out this year that I can't wait to get my hands on.


10. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth!


I absolutely loved the first book in this series and I absolutely cannot wait to see what happens next. Divergent was one of my favourite books of 2011 and I hope Insurgent will be just as good.
Expected Publication: May 1, 2012

Insurgent Synopsis  

9. Blackout (Newsflesh #3) by Mira Grant!


Newsflesh Series was one of the best written series I read in 2011. It was amazing. It's my favourite zombie series without a doubt and I cannot wait to read Blackout and see how it all ends. It's a very heavy political kind of book but once you get past all the politics at the start of the first book you see an increidble story which has been heavily researched and thoughtout. This series is one of the most emotional I read in 2011 and I cannot wait to see how it ends with Blackout.

Expected Publication: June 7, 2012

Blackout Synopsis

8. Angel Fever (Angel Trilogy #3) by LA Weatherly!


Angel and Angel Fire were two of my favourite books of the year though I only included Angel Fire in my favourite books of 2011 as I thought it was even better than the first. This is without a doubt my favoruite angel series of all time. I love how different it is to other angel books and it's a very well thought out storyline and LA's writing style is phenomenal. I am so excited to read the last book in the trilogy and see how it all ends out.

Expected Publication: October 2012

No Cover or Synopsis has been revealed yet.

7. Black Dawn (Morganville Vampires #12) by Rachel Caine!


Morganville Vampires is one of my favourite series of all time and my favourite Vampire series of all time. It is the only series that has my attention captured after so many books. Usually in longer series I lose interest but MVV has me anxiously awaiting the next book. I cannot wait to read Black Dawn and Book 13 which is also due out in 2012.

Expected Publication: May 1, 2012

No synopsis available yet.

6. Fever (Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano!


Wither was one of the first dystopian novels I read in 2011, coming just after The Hunger Games and I really loved it. I love this unique interesting world she has created and I love the characters as well, yes even Linden. I can't wait to see what happens next in this story and I already have Fever pre-ordered.

Expected Publication: February 21, 2012

Fever Synopsis

5. Untitled (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi!


Shatter Me was one of the book I read in December 2011 so it is still completely stuck in my mind. It's one of the best dystopian books I have read and I loved how it mixed dystopia and paranormal aspects, 2 of my favourite kinds of books. I cannot wait to read the second book and I think it's going to be just as phenomenal as the first.

Expected Publication: November 2012

No Cover or Synopsis Available

4. Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare!



Clockwork Prince was one of the best books I read in 2011 and it was the one that got the most reaction out of me. It had me hysterical, having a mental breakdown and competely heartbroken. It's fair to say I need Clockwork Princess, the last book in this series now! I cannot wait to see how it all ends and I just desperately need everything to work out for Will. I love this series 100% more than The Mortal Instruments.

Expected Publication: December, 2012

Clockwork Princess Synopsis

3. Cursed by Jennifer L Armentrout!



I think it's completely fair to say that I'm a little over-excited for any book by JLA coming out. She is my favourite author and I can't get enough of her books. Before I even heard about Half-Blood and Obsidian (my 2 favourite books of 2011) I had marked this to read. It sounds phenomenal. As far as I know it's a stand alone novel and I cannot wait to read it. I know it's going to be awesome and I'm going to love. Helooooo, have you seen who written it?

Expected Publication: September 18, 2012

Cursed Synopsis

2. Pure & Diety (Covenant #2 & 3) by Jennifer L Armentrout!


So this is where I cheat a little and add two books instead of one. But it doesn't really count because they are both in the same series ;)
Half-Blood was one of the best damn books ever! I loved it and devoured it in like a day. All I do is gush about JLA's books so I don't really think it's a surprise to anyone that the next two books are high on my Can't Wait to read books for this year! So excited.

Pure Expected Publication: April 3, 2012

Pure Synopsis

Diety Expected Publication: November 6, 2012

No Diety Synopsis yet

1. Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L Armentrout!



YES! Another book by Jennifer. She's one busy lady this year as she has even more books coming out other than the ones I have mentioned. Why haven't I mentioned them. Well I would but we don't actually know anything about them yet. Otherwise YES they would be on this list. Obsidian was my Number 1 book of the year, yes is surpassed all others so if you haven't read it, well what the hell are you waiting for? It's phenomenal? Will I be re-reading it before Onyx! OF COURSE! I love it. I am completely head-over-heels in love with Daemon and I can't wait for more. Fingers crossed I'll be able to get an ARC like I did with Obsidian ;)

Expected Publication: May 2012 (just in time for my birthday ;) )

No synopsis yet, other than "No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies..." Excited yet?!?!?!?!

So there you have it! My Top 10 2012 Books I can't wait for! Oohh this is going to be the best book year ever with all these awesome books coming out. Yes I will be religiously pre-ordering JLA's books as soon as they are available for pre-order.

So is there any you think I should have included?
Let me know in a comment. And, Happy New Year again! Here's to an awesome book-filled year! CHEERS!

3 comments:

  1. I'm putting my list up on Tuesday but insurgent will be on there, can't wait for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!! Clockwork Princess!!!! Omg, can't wait. I am so team Will all the way. I haven't read any JLA books but now I will have to pick up Obsidian (I couldn't get past the terrible cover before). What can I say, I sometimes (and by sometimes I mean almost always)do read a book by its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh, you don't like the Obsidian cover? I freaking love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment