Monday, January 30

Review: Hide and Seek (Games of Zeus #1)

Hide and Seek (Games of Zeus #1)
Aimee Laine

Published By: J Taylor Publishing
Publication Date: March 1, 2012
Date Read: January 29, 2012
Genre: Adult - Mythology
Source: ARC from J. Taylor Publishing
Format: eBook
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12784862-hide-seek
From Goodreads:
Lie, cheat or steal, no one can catch Tripp Fox. Except one woman.

Lexi Shepherd’s knack for finding whatever is asked of her isn’t sheer luck. It’s a gift from the Greek god Zeus.

That Lexi doesn’t use her ability to search for “Mr. Right” comes from one of many personal rules she has set for herself. Number one is not to let fate dictate her future.

Falling in love with Tripp breaks all the others.

Despite her principles, Lexi’s unable to stay away from the bad boy, and she finds herself toeing the grey line of the law for him.

Zeus, though, didn’t give Lexi and Tripp their talents to make their relationship a simple, easy alliance. He designed it to be exactly the opposite. Impossible. Always.

With their separation, Lexi expects Tripp to forfeit love in favor of destiny. He, on the other hand, intends to beat Zeus at his own game. With a plan in place, Tripp challenges Lexi to take the one action no one else can.

Find him.

The question isn’t can she ... but will she?


Wow! I don't even know what to say. I have never read anything by Aimee Laine before this book and I have to say I am now a fan. This book completely blew me away. I could not put it down and I ended up reading the whole book in 1 day.

Lexi has a god-given gift. She can find anything just by thinking of it or looking at a picture. It's not any god-given gift, it's from Zeus. She has high morals and she won't use her gift for personal use. Then she meets Tripp. Tripp also has a gift from Zeus, he is Lexi's complete opposite. He's the bad boy while she is the good girl but when they meet sparks fly. Literally! Will they be able to put aside their differences and fight for their relationship? Even if it means fighting the Gods?

I absolutely love books about mythology. I really love them but most mythology books I have come across have all been YA so when I heard about this I couldn't wait to read it. I have to say this is one of the best mythology books I have ever read. It completely blew me away and I could not stop reading.
Aimee's amazing writing style completely sucked me in from the first page and I was completely hooked. I loved every moment of this book and when I had to do something else all I wanted was to go back to my kindle and read some more.

Lexi is such a fantastic character, I really loved her and I loved seeing the struggle she went through in this book. She had to struggle between her feelings and her morals and I loved seeing her journey throughout the book and how she worked through everything.
Tripp, oh Tripp. When I first finished this book, if I had wrote my review then it would have just been, Tripp...... HOT! Yummy! He is definitely all of these things. He is the perfect book boyfriend and every girl will fall head-over-heels in love with him. I know I did. He is the bad boy and really what girl can't resist a bad boy? But then the more you read the more you see his softer side, he's sweet and romantic and Aimee mixed the loving guy and bad boy perfectly. I just love Tripp and I wish he were real! I know... I say that about every fictional guy, but really? I want them to be real.

I genuinely loved this storyline that Aimee has come up with and I cannot wait to read more of this series and see where Tripp and Lexi's relationship goes from her. To me this book had the perfect ending and I would be perfectly happy if this was a stand-alone novel but I am so excited to read the rest of the series.

I just want to say a huge thank you to J. Taylor Publishing for letting me review this book. It was fantastic and I know I will read it again and again and never get bored of it. It's not possible to get bored of Tripp.



2 comments:

  1. Awe! Thanks for such a great review! Glad you thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great reading the contents of all,
    http://goo.gl/y2ZdM8

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment