Tuesday, September 6

My Top 5...

This was very difficult for me to narrow down to 5 series as I love Urban Fantasy books. I have a lot more on my shelf still to-read so I might re-do this in the future to include some of the others I read.





5. The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine (Young Adult)

I really love this series, it's one of my favourite Urban Fantasy series. I love how different it is from other vampire series. A lot of young adult vampire series have the vampires romanticised and as a love interest and I love that this one doesn't. The vampires are the evil characters as they should be and it's all about a group of humans adapting to survive in a town run by vampires. It's a very unique vampire story in my opinion and I really love that as after reading a lot of books that are similar it can get boring. MV series has twists all the way through and it's still exciting and has captured my attention and still has me guessing 10 books later. Not a lot of series does this for me. After a certain amount of books I feel like the story is dragging out a little and it needs to end but with this book I don't at all. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.





4. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (Young Adult)

The Mortal Instruments was the first urban fantasy series I ever read and I instantly loved it. I instantly fell in love with the world Cassandra Clare created and I love her characters. The storyline completely drew me in right from the start of book 1 and I was hooked. I felt like some things were over-explained and there was a lot more detail than was needed for the story and so it kind of took away the flow of the book but it is still one of my very favourite series. I am so glad that there is going to be 6 books in the series. When I started it I believed it was a trilogy and though some people didn't like the fourth book I really loved it and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. Cassandra Clare has become one of my top favourite Urban Fantasy authors and I will always read her books because I think she is just amazing.



3. Dark Swan Series by Richelle Mead (Adult)

I started reading this book after reading Richelle's young adult Vampire Academy series. I really loved it so I wanted to read her Adult series and I was not disappointed in the slightest I really loved it. This is a lot more darker than her Young Adult series and it was the first series I ever read about fae. I was never sure about fae books but with Richelle having wrote this I was going to give it a try anyway unsure of how much I would like it. I loved it, I love the two different worlds she created and I love how the characters pass between the two different worlds. The storyline wasn't something that hooked me straight away but her writing is so amazing that I kept reading. After about a third of the book I got really hooked into the story and by the end I loved it and is one of my favourite series. I own the others in this series but have not read them yet but I plan to read them very soon and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next.



2. Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead (Young Adult)

This was really difficult for me to decide whether this could be number 1 or 2 in my top 5 Urban Fantasy series as it's one of my favourite series ever. If I had been doing this post a couple of months ago I would have without a doubt placed it as number 1. I love everything about this book. I love that there is more than one type of vampire, one evil, one good and I love the idea of the Dhampir species. I love the characters and I love the action of the book. I actually cannot praise this series enough. It was one of the first vampire series I read and it will always be one of my favourites. I love Richelle Mead's writing and I think she's a genius for coming up with this idea. Richelle Mead definitely has a knack for writing kick-ass heroine's who can save the day and I love that. I love books that have strong, independent lead female characters and Richelle definitely does that. I recently read the spin-off series Bloodlines and loved it just as much as Vampire Academy. Definitely one of my favourite series and one I can re-read again and again.



1. Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning

Really I have to thank Amber from PNR/UF Fanatics group on Goodreads because if it wasn't for her I don't think I would have ever picked this series up to read. After hearing her saying how amazing it is I decided to pick it up and read it. I wasn't sold on the series with the first book but I was interested enough that I wanted to keep reading and see what was going to happen. Then after I got past the halfway mark on book 2 in the series I loved it. I love the characters and I love the world. Yet another series about fae that I love and my favourite fae series ever. I love Karen Marie Moning's narration and I love how you see the characters grow, Mac goes from being someone who's always had an easy life to someone who is kick-ass and will fight to protect the people she loves and bring justice to her sister and her family. I love everything about this series, especially Barrons, he has to be one of the best male characters ever from a book series. I am so excited that there will be 5 more Fever books and I can't wait to read them. This is definitely a series I can read again and again and never get bored.

What do you think?
What are your top 5... Urban Fantasy Series?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment