Tuesday, August 9

Exiled (Protector #1)

Exiled
M. R. Merrick

Publication Date: June 28, 2011
Date Started: August 4, 2011
Date Finished: August 8, 2011
Format: e-book

From Goodreads:
Chase Williams is a demon hunter in the Circle, or at least he was supposed to be. On his fifteenth birthday, Chase stepped up to the altar to claim his elemental power, but it never came. Elemental magic is passed down to a hunter through the bloodline, but on Chase's birthday, the bloodline stopped.

Exiled without the Circle's protection, Chase has spent two years trying to survive a world riddled with half-demons and magic. When he has a run in with a frightened, and seemingly innocent demon, he learns the Circle's agenda has changed: the Circle plans to unlock a portal and unleash pure-blood demons into the world. Vowing to stop them, and knowing he can't do it alone, Chase forms a reluctant alliance with Rayna - a sexy witch with an attitude and a secret. In their attempt to stop them, Chase and Rayna find themselves in the middle of the Circle's plan, leaving one of them to decide what their friendship is worth, and the other's life depending on it.


When I got this book sent to me for review I was really excited to start it. I was really looking forward to reading it and seeing what would happen. I really loved it.
I think this is a book that anyone can enjoy no matter what age they are. It has something for everyone in it, Vampires, Witches, Demons, Warlocks, you name it this book has it.

Chase is a demon hunter, people who are brought up to protect humans from the demons in the world. At fifteen, they go through a ritual to find their elemental power. When Chase doesn't show any elemental magic he and his mother are exiled to live among humans and try to survive among demons. Little does he know that his exile is the best blessing he could get as the Circle are corrupted and he was saved from the biggest evil of them all: his father.

I really loved this book, it was action packed and there were times when I could hardly breathe and no way that I could stop reading. Many times in the book I got the feeling that sometimes you get when watching a movie, you can't look at the screen but you can't stop watching at the same time. Close to the end of the book this was what I was like, so many things were going wrong I couldn't bare to read on because I didn't want anything else to go wrong but at the same time I couldn't possibly stop reading as I just needed to find out what was going to happen.

I really loved the characters in this book, Chase was just such an amazing lead character. In most books I read the lead character is female so I wasn't sure how I would relate to the character but I did. I loved Chase, he's just amazing and so strong. I loved how loyal he is to his mother and would do anything to protect her and how he soon becomes the same to Rayna.
I really loved Rayna, I just wanted to hug her and tell her everything would be okay. She has been through so much and I really admire how strong she is.

The ending of the book was just amazing, I loved how you got closure for things that happened in this first book but also left you needing the next one as well. I was so sad and cried a little at the ending and I love when books make me cry. That to me is a sign of a great author if their words can wield so much emotion in you then they are amazing. M. R. Merrick is definitely an amazing author and I can't wait to see what happens next in this series.
A great start to a series and I will definitely be following it right the way through until the end.

Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ah MrMerrick,Amazing!Twist & turn around every corner.You have captured the true meaning of family & friendship.I laughed,cried,& even got angry.You brought out emotions in me i thought I no longer had,with magic,hope,faith & love!I'm eagerly waiting to see what you have in store for,Marcus,Rayna,Willy,Tiki&of course Chase:The Protector!You are truly an Amazing author! Tina aka Twilightgrandma (-: 5 stars all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree.
    Thanks for stopping by the blog =)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment